Chest wound plaster

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
I second that question. My incision was closed with surgical glue instead of stitches, but there was never any type of bandage or anything to remove. Took me a while before I was even willing to look at it.
I think mine was glued as well but it was covered with this long string of plaster/bandage but I’m not sure how long it should be covered I am about 6 weeks in recovery

I received typical sutures (stitches). In the hospital, the wound was covered by a tight waterproof seal with a vacuum tube attached. This stayed on for several days before removing the vacuum tube. Before I left the hospital, all wound coverings were removed and I had no bandages covering the incision by the time I was discharged (4 or 5 days post surgery). Within a year of surgery, you can hardly see the scar and most people never notice it all.

I was glued so they changed bandage and I forget home many days before it was off for good. within 6 months you could barely tell I had a scar the drainage tubes left a more visible scar. I had wife take pictures ever week for a few months then every 6 months until this year (2 years) and one day I will stiche (pun intended) them together to show the progression.

In the hospital, the wound was covered by a tight waterproof seal with a vacuum tube attached.
Wow. Where was that? I kinda wish they’d done that for me.. then I wouldn’t be dealing with a still-open bottom of my incision at 9 weeks post-op...

If you have a bandage on your incision at six weeks.... I mean I’ve never heard of that... how do you know if it’s healing? You can’t see it? You never lightly clean it?

Wow. Where was that? I kinda wish they’d done that for me.. then I wouldn’t be dealing with a still-open bottom of my incision at 9 weeks post-op...

If you have a bandage on your incision at six weeks.... I mean I’ve never heard of that... how do you know if it’s healing? You can’t see it? You never lightly clean it?
so I would take it off to clean it then put tissue oil on it and then cover it again did this usually once a week but I stopped covering it now

I followed the instructions given to me when they sent me home. You should too. If they didn't give you any, call the surgeon's nurse or PA and ask. That's nor really a question to be answered by internet committee.

Wow. Where was that?
My surgery was at the Mayo Clinic in MN. The vacuum thing was interesting. It pulled a small, but constant negative pressure on the incision. Supposedly it helped healing and removed any fluid or potential infection accummulation. Seemed to work, but having a small vacuum pump attached to you was a bit of a hassle (of course post surgery, there are so many things attached to you, what's one more ;))

I

I think mine was glued as well but it was covered with this long string of plaster/bandage but I’m not sure how long it should be covered I am about 6 weeks in recovery

i had staples for my incision, which were removed at 10 days post op. my incision was quite healed at 10 days and only a few drain holes were still healing, until about week 3.
I was told by the nurse to let it breathe to accelerate the healing and there were no bandages covering wound 2 weeks post op.

What is that??

Do you have a photo of your incision site?
Tissue oil is something we use in RSA to help scars disappear. The incision healed and totally fine. My wife just didn’t like the incision being open she is always worrying but I guess she’s fine now lol

Latest posts

Back