Chest Pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bunny_Rabbit

Hi all, I've been having pain in my chest for a few days now. It's on and off and it's very mild. However it's really annoying and it's making me paranoid. I don't know if it's all in my head.

what kind of chest pain really means something? I've heard of Angina, but I don't know how severe it is.

Any help would be appriciated.

Oh, by the way...I've been working out in the gym everyday after work for the past 2 weeks, so I don't know if I'm maybe overdoing it or something. :|

Thanks again.

Bunny

Bunny

If you are getting chest pain while you work out you should probably slow down or quit working out altogether until you see a doctor. I am kind of curious, though, do you work out with weights? It has always been my understanding that people with valve problems should kind of cool it with weights until they have their problem fixed. I heard that weights can put strain on the valves. Maybe I'm wrong. You should get it checked out though. Peggy

Any type of chest pain should be checked out by a Doctor regardless of how trivial you may think it is. You just never know. ;)

Last edited:
Get it checked out...

Get it checked out...

That was one of the symptoms that sent me to the doctor, then cardiologist, then cath, then surgery, and my coronary arteries were clear, dilated and beautiful, as I've been told.
It was all my Mitral valve trying to get my attention, SOB upsteps, and fatigue, along with chest pain/tightness, pain up my neck to jaw (leftside) and down my left arm, and across my upper back, all symptoms of a heart attack.

Everyone's different, symptom wise, especially with our heart problems you don't ignore any chest pain

Terry40

Hey Bunny Rabbit- Don't ignore or try to reason away any type of chest pain. Trust me on this one, I had a heart attack last June and the only pain I had was in my back. I thought I had strained a disc in my back because the pain occured after I had been catching my 3 yr. old daughter as she was jumping into a hotel swimming pool. Turns out that it was my heart having MAJOR trouble....BTW I was only 38 at the time....heart attacks do happen to the young....Take care and get this pain checked out ASAP!!!:eek:

Julia

Hi Bunny, I before I knew I had heart disease, I would be sitting down -I remember one time in particular, I was in church with my husband and other family- and I would get these cramps like tightening in my chest and it HURT, and it would go down my left arm. I was stupid, and let it go for hours and never went in. It turns out I should have run to the ER instead of sitting in denial. Too many people think they are too young to have heart disease, I was 19 years old, having horrible chest pains. I will never know if they were heart attacks, but they were too strong to be angina. At least that's what I think anyways. ANgina only lasts a few minutes and isn;t as strong. I was STUPID, and smoked, and my chest would pound hard, and it scared the crap out of me. Please go to the doctor, or at least call your cardio. Take it easy, and good luck!

Latest posts

Back