chest feeling really tight

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bird lady50

Is this a sign of my bav getting narrow (stentios) My chest is geeting really tight. It feels like I have a rubber band round it and some one is twisting it very tight . I am having problems taking deep breaths as well it gets tighter. Any idears

Two thoughts.... you are working yourself up with this BAV issue and are scared. Quite normal, but I would also suggest to go see a doc just to be safe. Hopefully it's nothing. I know there have been times that I made myself believe there was something wrong and there really was not.

Even if this is purely worry causing the difficulty, anxiety is a real symptom of your condition and you shouldn't trivialize the inability to breathe. Please see a doctor as soon as you can.

eta: Let us know how you're doing when you are able.
Take Heart, the mountain is just another step on the journey,
Pamela.

what really freaks me out about chest pain is that Ross described his rupture as feeling like indigestion. It's unsettling because it tells me chest pain can camouflage itself as anything.

yes I am

yes I am

Yes I am worried about the bav. and when I will need it replaced. It is not the replacement what is scaring me it is not knowing when it needs to be replaced. That is the part what worries me being in the dark about it.

I didn't have pain with my stenosis nor did I have the tightness you refer to.
I was very short of breath and very tired.
When do you see your cardiologist again?
Is it possible that you have asthma and bronchial spasms are the cause of the chest tightness?
Please keep us informed as to what you find out.

Go to a GOOD cardiologist who specializes in biscuspid valves. It could be stenosis, or it could be something else. DEMAND a CT with contrast or MRA. I was seen twice in an ER and once by a clinic doctor. After research, I suspected an aneurysm, and demanded a CT on that last trip to the ER. I was right. It's been there for years, and according to old records, was caught on echos and a previous CT, and no one told me. If you have a bicuspid valve, you are prone to aneurysms. Don't give up til you get a good scan done.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, but it's good to rule out the big stuff first.

thanks

thanks

Is a ct scan the same as a echo thing They have told me anything only that have a b. a v. and that i wiil need it replacing at some time A m r scan is scan where they put into that machine that looks like the mint with the hole I am right.

Back