change request: background to selected text

pellicle

Hi

when selecting text (highlight, say by mouse or shift arrow) for either copy and paste or applying a style to its hard to see the selection because of colours. This would be more difficult for anyone who was even slightly vision impaired.

Eg
fig1.jpg

At first I thought selection wasn't working, but I found that it was ... hard to see isn't it.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

What are you using to come to the forum?
I am using Win10/Chrome. Please tell me your equipment and software so I can try to replicate it.

pellicle

View attachment 887029

What are you using to come to the forum?
I am using Win10/Chrome. Please tell me your equipment and software so I can try to replicate it.
Hi

I'm also using win10 and Chrome (well and my phone too)
its interesting that the above image shows quite differently to what I see here (where selected text is still barely visible as below)
selectedText.jpg

NOTE: I am not talking about selecting text BEFORE editing, but DURING editing, What you've demonstrated above is selecting the text you wish to quote and then perhaps adding that to your quoted area.

I'm talking about when editing what I'm wanting to write ... as in my example image

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Testing and testing so I can check on the editing ature.

Just put your cursor where you want to edit. Backspace unwanted out as I have done below, then type in the new text.

No need to highlight at all.
Can you try that?

pellicle

Just put your cursor where you want to edit. Backspace unwanted out as I have done below, then type in the new text.
No need to highlight at all.
Can you try that?
For a guy who's been writing and editing on computers for like 25 years that's like going back to grade 1, but I guess that the answer is: "no, you can't change the select text easily" (although it should just be a single change in the CSS)

Which I'm ok with... I just asked.

So much modern software (especially so called smartphones) is like a step backwards. (Probably because kids write the software).

Thanks anyway Angie :)

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It may still change as the forum should have a slight face lift soon. I'll work on remembering your vision on that highlighting for editing.

Latest posts