Celebrated my

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

Yaps

husbands and my 10th anniversary today, it was nice.
My husband has pulminary hypertension due to sleep apnea and or redux the diet drug.. We are hoping for a few more years together, and a forum such as this has been a godsend for us.
I just wished to tell all of you this. Information is the only defense we have.
Thankyou Yaps

Congratulations to both you and your husband!
I bet you have many more celebrations to come. :)

Love,
Mary

Congratulations! That is truly something to celebrate and I hope you have many more together. It is sad when something such as pulmonary hypertension threatens the length of your life together.... but it can't take away the love you have for each other. Cherish your time together.

Congratulations on the big 10!

My wife and I just celebrated our 24th on the 7th. Time is flying by. :)

Congratulations Yaps! My husband and I celebrate our 27th tomorrow and I just realized that at 54, I've been married to him for half of my life. Since he's a remarkable fellow, I consider myself a lucky lady indeed! I hope you and your sweetie enjoy many more years together.
Sue

Another check-in. . .

Another check-in. . .

Congratulations, YAPS, on the big 10! Now that you've figured out most of the adjustments, you can probably enjoy the following years even more.

My wife and I just celebrated our 25th on June 10 -- looks like we have quite a few June wedding anniversaries here.

Congrats on your 10th! I'm in the "minors" here...Celebrating 3 years June 30th. To all June celebrants, Happy Anniversary!

Les said:
Congrats on your 10th! I'm in the "minors" here...Celebrating 3 years June 30th. To all June celebrants, Happy Anniversary!
Why for you lag so far behind?

My husband and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary -- congratulations on the mile stone!

second marriage

second marriage

:D First 0ne was for 18 yrs.. but a real dud... was abused..it took me a long time to escape , was very ,very , bad, Im truly lucky to be alive after him... ,someday I will go into further detail.
But not yet... I tend to have nightmares when I think about those years, and its hard enough now to get a good night's sleep..Love Yaps

congratulations

congratulations

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. We will celebrate 39 years in November. I was a mere 18 and he 20 when we got married. Had 4 kids in 7 years. We grew up together.

We were married on my husbands 18th birthday and I was 16. We had dated since I was 14. We'll be married 38 years in November. We had 3 kids in 5 years. After his surgery on 9/11/01 we have really learned to enjoy everyday we have together. Nothing seems worth fighting over anymore.

Yaps:

Congratulations on your anniversary. May there be many, many more.

July 2 is my parents' 55th anniversary. The following day my husband and I will celebrate our 24th anniversary -- BTW, it was 109 degrees on July 3, 1980. We were in the midst of a very lengthy heat wave -- over 60 consecutive days of 100-plus temps.
We threw a surprise party for my parents' 25th; they didn't want anything for the 50th. Guess we'll all just converge on my sister's lake house for the holiday weekend.

Congrats, Yaps. And to all of us who've made it through the routine and not-so-routine crises all marriages suffer. And the great joys we celebrate.

Jim and I celebrate 31 years of bliss (tee hee) on 6/30. Now that we're both retired, for the first time since we were married we're together day in and day out. Hope we'll be married NEXT 6/30! :eek: :D :eek: :D

Congratulations .... !!!

Our 25th was in 2002. We went to Paris for the occasion. We had our anniversary dinner at Lucas-Carton, a famous restaurant with three-stars in the Michelin. Probably first & last time we'll do THAT. I didn't even want to look at the credit card statement, but oh my, it was a lovely evening.

Last year (our 26th) was complicated by my diagnosis & anticipations of surgery. This year .... I expect to really CELEBRATE!!!

Georgia

Georgia

I read your post on both retiring. I don't think I am ready for this yet. He might retire in August but I am going to try to go to 60. I like my work and am in a very small insurance agency with no pension and not much hassle. As long as the health stays good. I don't think it gets easier as the years go along to be married. Sometimes harder when both are pretty set in their ways.

Birky, my sentiments exactly. I really don't intend to stay totally retired. I felt it was time to get out of a highly-stressful office where one was not appreciated if a certain age and more than halfway up the salary range. So I turned 55 and took my toys and went home. Told them not to call for help unless they were prepared to pay $30 an hour. Haven't heard from them and it's made me happy.

I plan to get a part time job in August (my druthers would be a floral shop). Just need the money to pay off my car and spending money. I bought the car six months before I found out I was sick; so I have another couple of years. yuk.

Jim took early retirement from the State; couldn't afford not to. He's been substitute teaching. He has a great retirement package.

We spend a lot of time ignoring each other. It beats arguing! :p

marriage

marriage

Sometimes it is easier to ignore than pick at one another. I guess I am from the old school and did most of everything for him. That was my first mistake. Just the 2 of us and still doing it. If he retires in August than he is going to learn how clean toilets etc. I just can't picture us in the house together day after day. Guess it is my hangup. He can look at a mess and completely ignore it, better stop now or I will really get on my soap box. Boohoohoo

Latest posts

Back