Cbd oil

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwsp768

Anyone trying cbd oil while on warfarin for aches and chronic pain. I have severe hip pain, and neck disk problems, have been told no more surgery as my heart may not make it. So we are giving our nervous dog cbd oil just so we can trim her nails and I was wondering if this stuff can be taken while on warfarin.

I've been on CBD oil twice a day now for a about 4 years and its been a year and a half since my valve replacement surgery.
No issues with it at all. Does not affect my INR.
I had stopped for a while after surgery but when I resumed once my INR was stable there was no fluctuation.
I also use cannabis recreationally and no affects on INR with that either.

Everyone reacts to things differently. My advice is to use it minimally and gradually increase dosage as needed while keeping an eye out for INR fluctuations.

I wish I had an answer for you , especially since we own a CBD co. who bottles and sells our own brand (not selling here mods so don't get mad)

I've not seen of any reported effects between warfarin and CBD oil or any other cannabis products. I have a friend who has cancer and he uses it and takes a lot of other drugs. No interactions. He says that not all CBD oil is the same, investigate what you buy. As a cancer survivor he gets a 20% discount but doesn't have to give proof ;)

I have been taking CBD oil/ tinctures and gummies for almost 2 years, mainly for migraine prevention/ mitigation, and my valve replacement and OHS was a little over 3 years ago. I have not had any issues with INR. I did let my doc and coumadin clinic know before starting and they had me check INR levels at 1 week and 1 month just to be safe, and then went back to normal scheduling. I only take CBD that does not have THC for personal prefenernces but I doubt that would have ill effects on INR just the same as cannabis does not have effects for most people. I would still take use with caution and have INR levels checked to make sure you are not reacting different than most people.

I'm a big fan of CBD oil and I always try to taste different aromas because I love to do that. A month ago I discovered a new type of chocolate, which gives me the same feeling, and namely Brainstorm Magic Boom Bar that is vibing with psilocybin and I really liked it. I was at a friend's when I tasted it and asked him to give me the site where he placed the order and on the same day he sent me this site Brainstorm Magic Boom Bar - 1 x 3500mg Psilocybin - Free Gifts All Orders. In case anyone here wants to see what I'm saying about and wants to try, you can access the link above.
How does it help you ? It doesn't jack your anxiety or sleep ? I tried CBD spray in 2016 and it gave me anxiety and insomnia--same as smoking mary jane did in 1982

My friend has been taking CBD oil three times a day for about 3 years. He started taking it after heart surgery, and when using CBD oil, he did not have any problems with the valve. It didn't affect his activity in any way. He stopped taking this oil for a while because the store where he bought it was closed, and he was afraid to go to other similar establishments. By the way, then he decided to buy on farmerslabseeds.com CBD seeds and grow them at home. So this oil is one of the best remedies for various pains.

Last edited:
Boy you guys got me curious. I always thought of CBD as a modern snake oil, with promises to ail any and all problems one might have. So I never paid it much mind, figuring it was just an industry cashing in on those desperate for something to help what other treatments have failed at. After reading this link 7 Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil (Plus Side Effects) now Im kinda curious to see if it might be helpful to me.

Reading some other links I found differing info on CBD Coumadin interactions. Why is there so much bad information surrounding Coumadin, its been around for so long but yet so many scary warning that so many of us know to not be so true.

Anyone trying cbd oil while on warfarin for aches and chronic pain. I have severe hip pain, and neck disk problems, have been told no more surgery as my heart may not make it. So we are giving our nervous dog cbd oil just so we can trim her nails and I was wondering if this stuff can be taken while on warfarin.

Yes i am also using cbd oil for pain as my doctor suggested me for joint pain and i have some pain relief after using cbd oil, but I'll recommend you to start with lower quantity and then gradually increase to see if its work for you or not

Yes i am also using cbd oil for pain as my doctor suggested me for joint pain and i have some pain relief after using cbd oil, but I'll recommend you to start with lower quantity and then gradually increase to see if its work for you or not

I’ve got a little bottle of CBD oil that I bought for $100. I bought it from a gal that helps many of the fighters at my gym in the recovery from their fights. Seemed expensive, but apparently, according to her, it was really good quality. Not sure how one would really know, but I trusted her more than some internet source and figured it was worth a try.

It may have helped a little with sore muscle recovery, but hard to really say. I did wonder if it was more psychological, as I believe muscles need to go through a repair process, after the microtears that occur from training, which builds them back stronger and I question whether it was truly doing anything to speed that along or if anything can for that matter.
It did seem to have a slight relaxing effect which may have helped with a couple headaches. But since going whole food 2 years ago, cutting out all processed foods, I’ve had almost zero headaches. It did seem to give me interesting dreams though.
If I ever get a headache again perhaps I’ll try it again. Or if I feel in the mood for crazy dreams, 😂

Last edited:
I have had cbd oil maybe five times. Hold the oil under tongue for 20 seconds
or so before swallowing. It relaxes me. I’ll also have a quarter to a half of a medical grade gummy now and then. No effect on inr for me. Both help me fall asleep.

I have had cbd oil maybe five times. Hold the oil under tongue for 20 seconds
or so before swallowing. It relaxes me. I’ll also have a quarter to a half of a medical grade gummy now and then. No effect on inr for me. Both help me fall asleep.

I’ve got a little bottle of CBD oil that I bought for $100. I bought it from a gal that helps many of the fighters at my gym in the recovery from their fights. Seemed expensive, but apparently, according to her, it was really good quality. Not sure how one would really know, but I trusted her more than some internet source and figured it was worth a try.

It may have helped a little with sore muscle recovery, but hard to really say. I did wonder if it was more psychological, as I believe muscles need to go through a repair process, after the microtears that occur from training, which builds them back stronger and I question whether it was truly doing anything to speed that along or if anything can for that matter.
It did seem to have a slight relaxing effect which may have helped with a couple headaches. But since going whole food 2 years ago, cutting out all processed foods, I’ve had almost zero headaches. It did seem to give me interesting dreams though.
If I ever get a headache again perhaps I’ll try it again. Or if I feel in the mood for crazy dreams, 😂

Its seems people are getting on a relaxing mood after using cbd :)

Another option for a relaxing mood- I also recommend delta 8 THC gummies. They’re legal (in most states), cheap and known as “weed light.” I just need a quarter to half a gummy in order to have an amazing night’s sleep.

Last edited:
It's an older thread but I would still highly recommend speaking to your doctor before trying CBD oil while on warfarin. CBD can interact with certain medications, and it's always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to your health.

I would still highly recommend speaking to your doctor before trying CBD oil while on warfarin. CBD can interact with certain medications,
not disagreeing, and just adding to this.

This underscores the importance of weekly self testing of INR. The only intention to take warfarin is the INR result. Not the dose, but the INR. So when weekly testing any drug or supplement that effects warfarin will show in the INR result.

Doctors can't and don't know every drug, which is why the mantra should always be "don't guess, test and know"

It's an older thread but I would still highly recommend speaking to your doctor before trying CBD oil while on warfarin. CBD can interact with certain medications, and it's always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to your health.
That being said, I've heard a lot of great things about the benefits of CBD for pain relief. It might be worth doing some more research and talking to your doctor about potential options. In the meantime, I came across this article on https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief/ about an heirloom strain of CBD that's supposed to be great for relief. Might be worth checking out! Wishing you all the best in finding relief for your pain.

It's an older thread but I would still highly recommend speaking to your doctor before trying CBD gummies canada while on warfarin. CBD can interact with certain medications, and it's always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to your health.
CBD offers potential benefits like pain relief, anxiety reduction, and aiding sleep. But, it's crucial to consult a doctor, especially if taking medications like warfarin. CBD might interact, impacting its effectiveness.

Back