careful what you complain about

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katm

Went to see my new cardiologist today, first time I met him. He asked all the usual questions and asked me if i had any complaints being three weeks post op. I told him that I couldnt sleep for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time during the night. I said that I have never been a good sleeper but since surgery its been more difficult. Well, he promptly wrote me a script for a sleep apnea night test. I had to go and get the hook up for it to use tonight. Now if I couldnt sleep because of having to sleep on my back, I cant imagine I will get anymore sleep tonight with this contraption on me. lol If this comes back abnormal I will have to have a sleep study done. Fingers crossed no lack of oxygen for me tonight.

Sleep was a major issue for me post surgery (and for many members of this forum). I, too wasn't able to sleep more than a few hours without being wide awake. With time and healing, this problem eventually subsided. I did resort to a sleep aid early on as I knew how important sleep is in one's recovery. Hopefully, this too will pass for you and it is not actually a sleep apnea issue.

Back