cardio ordered cardiolite excercise stress test....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramma11

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with aortic valve regurg in 1992 - now it is moderate to severe

Last week my cardio set me up for a Cardiolite Excercise Stress test for March 15....My chest x-ray last week resulted in showing my lungs clear, but upper aorta showing calcification...So, my cardio told me that if the cardiolite excercist stress test results show progression of coronary artery disease, then cardio will order angiogram/arteriogram, & if angiogram results prove need for stent(s) then the stent will be put in during angiogram.......QUESTION: What are your thoughts & opinions about these tests???and results???& anything else you might have to comment on???

I have had more symptoms lately: more fatigue - more short of breath - more frequent arm pain left & right -last time, approx 2 weeks ago, left upper arm & shoulder & pain under arm pit to left side of chest (nauseous that day & chilled & weak/was on couch most of the day)....this pain can be like an achy dull or pain with heavy feeling & nothing changes it with different positions - chest can feel 'full'......have been noticing more 'fluttering' & palpatations too......QUESTION: Do most of you with aortic valve regurg ALMOST ALWAYS feel/hear your heart beat with it sometimes feeling like it turns upside down or flutters or skips beat or etc, etc, etc LIKE I DO????

Last weeks test results (march 2&3 2011):
kidney creatinine 1.27 & GFR is now at 42 =lower because I only have on kidney, but that number puts me into Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease, cholesterol is almost normal (much better than waaaay back in the past =270= total - 200= LDL - 37=HDL) , isolated systolic hypertension, mammogram normal, TSH (thyroid test) too low (meaning still a little hyperthyroid = only because my synthroid med dose was too high, so Dr lowered dose of synthroid), & chest x-ray showing lungs clear but some upper aorta calcification.

In addition to the aortic valve regurg disease, I have Celiac disease, hypothyroidism, Stage 3 Chronic kidney disease (one kidney donated to my sister in 1992), lymphedema in my arms (genetic), lumbar spinal stenosis which required laminectomy surgery last spring, & 2001 angiogram results showing some coronary artery disease (minimal then)....***NOTE ...In 2001 my cardio read my echo & said wall abnormalities, etc - then cardio set up thallium stress test (not excercise test) & thallium test results showing I had heart attack (I will never to this test again as it was very painful resulting in many symptoms of heart attack during test - my present cardio said thallium isn't used as much any more)....Continuing - the thallium test resulted in having to do a cardiogram/angiogram which proved no heart attact (thallium test was false positive), but angiogram results showed minimal coronary artery disease.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,
Thank you
Debbie

I've had a false positive chemically induced stress test too... it wasn't fun. I think I've had every variant of stress test there is and I wouldn't do any of them for recreation... but if my cardiologist told me it's necessary to have one, I'd probably do it again. They don't recommend these things unless they feel like it's necessary. At least, mine doesn't.

Hi, I have severe re-gurg, with few real symptoms, but at times my pulse feels like a slegehammer from the inside. The heave beating feels like it comes from the side of my chest, rather than the heart itself. My Angiogram is next week & probable valve replacement will follow.

Thank you "Duff Man" & LeakyUK....

I appreciated your time to respond....
LeakyUK=I wish you well & the best outcome for your angiogram...so sorry for your 'soon to be' surgery....I will be heading there some day - hopefully later than sooner....

And, "Duff Man" I agree with your opinion about doing tests if our cardio wants them done...I have a new cardio as of the past 2 years, and trust him, but not as much as my cardio I had for many years in the past....I am fairly proactive with my medical doctors however..so, I ask many questions & give my own suggestions at times....

Anyway, thank you both for your input....
Debbie

Back