Cardiac Rehabilitation Bill in Congress

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumber1

There is a Cardiac Rehabilitation Bill in Congress that could use support.

Here is a link that makes it easy to get information about this bill and to let your representative in Washington DC know if you support amending title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide coverage for cardiac rehabilitation and pulmonary rehabilitation services: http://capwiz.com/aacvpr/home

I don't know too much about this bill but it looks like something most of us heart patients would like to support.

Mark

Lets all flood the site and get the point across. Once were done with this, lets do the same for dental coverage under Medicare.

Going to the site is so easy!! If you go to the Take Action button you can email your rep or senator right there!

I contacted mine!!

I did too......! And I added six friends' e-mail addresses for them to also participate. This is an IMPORTANT issue, so let's get behind it.

It was easy - just scroll down to the 'TAKE ACTION NOW' and fill in the blanks.

congress overrode the veto within a few hours:

http://www.aacvpr.org/\reimbursementupdate071608.htm

"The Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation Act has been voted into law. As you are aware, the President vetoed the Medicare bill, HR 6331, which includes our Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation provisions in Section 144. In spite of overwhelming Congressional support for the bill, on Tuesday, July 15th President Bush vetoed this legislation. Both the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed this important legislation and responded swiftly to the Presidential veto. The House of Representatives and the Senate have responded by voting to override that veto. The House vote to override that veto was 383-41. Immediately following that vote, the Senate voted to override the veto by a vote of 70 to 26..."

and here: http://www.vtnhsrc.org/political.htm

"President Vetoes Medicare Package; Congress Overturns Within Hours

July 17, 2008
A Medicare Package that contained several important provisions for pulmonary patients finally passed through Congress in mid-July after overcoming several hurdles. On July 15, President Bush vetoed the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008. Then within hours Congress overturned that veto by a vote of 383-41 in the House and 70-14 in the Senate. Passage of the bill ensures the creation of a clear Medicare pulmonary rehabilitation benefit..."

Interesting to see how the two Presidential candidates voted:

Senate Vote on Cloture to Motion to Proceed: H.R. 6331: Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008

No Vote AZ McCain, John [R]

Aye IL Obama, Barack [D]

and then..
Jul 15, 2008: The Senate attempted to override the President's veto of this bill, and the vote passed, by roll call vote. The totals were 70 Ayes, 26 Nays, 4 Present/Not Voting.

No Vote AZ McCain, John [R]

No Vote IL Obama, Barack [D]

Guess they were busy out there campaigning..

i thought "Present/Not Voting" meant they were there for the proceedings but
chose not to vote. Did they vote "Present/Not Voting" or "No Vote"? (same thing?)

from what I can see..

from what I can see..

As of July 7, McCain had missed 61.8 percent of the roll call votes in this Congress, which made him the No. 1 absentee in the Senate (number two was Tim Johnson, who has been recovering from a brain hemorrhage). Obama missed 43.5 percent of the roll call votes.

Absentee = not present

Back