Cardiac Monitor for arrythmias

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi I had mitral valve repair and had 1 A Fib event 3 weeks after surgery. Due to that Ive been on blood thinners. I am now wearing a cardiac monitor for 30 days to see if there are arrythmias. If not I can go off the bloid thinners. Anyone had any experience with this?

A-fib episodes are fairly common among those who have heart surgeries. Blood thinners are used to reduce blood clotting due to the erratic heart beats. If you do not continue to have a-fib episodes you should be able to come off the blood thinners......if the a-fib continues your doc will probably keep you on a blood thinner to minimize the clotting probllem and may try one of the other medical procedures to reduce or eliminate the a-fib episodes.

I have been in chronic a-fib for the pat several years. I am also on warfarin (blood thinner) since I have a mechanical aortic valve do I didn't have to add the blood thinner when the a-fib became chronic. The a-fib does not impact my life or lifestyle.

I had mitral repair (native valve) and I am just on 325 mg aspirin to reduce chances of a clot due to erratic heart beat / turbulence. That might prescribed for you if you no longer need warfarin, since it is easy to take and provides some protection.

Latest posts

Back