cardiac cath

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cldlhd

Just figured I'd share a little good news I got yesterday for anyone who cares to hear it . Went down to the University of Penn Hospital yesterday to have a cardiac cath performed and it went better than expected. I was told based on other tests that they thought I had some plaque in one of my arteries so my surgeon insisted on the cath. Well according to the Dr who performed it my arteries are "as clean as a whistle" . Also the staff was great and whenever they asked who my surgeon was and I told them they had nothing but praise for his abilities. So after the first pleasantly surprising news ( I was afraid they'd tell me I had some major blockage ) I'm a very happy boy.

...according to the Dr who performed it my arteries are "as clean as a whistle" . Also the staff was great and whenever they asked who my surgeon was and I told them they had nothing but praise for his abilities.

good stuff .... any reports on the aneurysm?

good stuff .... any reports on the aneurysm?

The Dr who did the cath told my wife he doesn't think it's big enough where I require surgery yet and that it didn't look like the valve was leaking so guess it's up to me as to when. As for today it's beautiful out so I'm going to fire up the grill have an IPA and enjoy the good news and the weekend.

That's great, Chris! Enjoy the weekend.

As for discussing your surgeon... no one asked you what he's like, or commented on his ego?? (LOL) That was the most common response I got - before they said how good he is and that lots of people travel to see him. I was sure to let them know his ego can't be that bad, given that he responded to a random email from me asking for help. Anyone willing to help a stranger is okay in my book.
:)

That's great, Chris! Enjoy the weekend.

As for discussing your surgeon... no one asked you what he's like, or commented on his ego?? (LOL) That was the most common response I got - before they said how good he is and that lots of people travel to see him. I was sure to let them know his ego can't be that bad, given that he responded to a random email from me asking for help. Anyone willing to help a stranger is okay in my book.
:)

Well I already had the impression he has a healthy ego but as long as the results justify it it's ok with me. While lying supine after the procedure some of the staff within earshot were joking about his 'famous blue jacket' he's been wearing for 20 years so I guess there's a little eccentricity there.
Thanks for the positive feedback, I was a little hesitant to post that info as I'm sure there are people out there who have received bad news after a test but I guess getting positive news out there has to be a good thing. Also I was really happy and pleasantly surprised to find that all that greasy bar food I ate back when I was young and invincible didn't 'stick'. Maybe the alcohol helped keep the pipes clean.
As for the procedure I was surprised they keep you awake for the whole thing and for me the worst part was lying in bed for a few hours afterwards. The scariest part was having to let my wife drive home thru the city rush hour traffic- sorry.....

Back