Can we use Accu-Check Fast Clix instead of Roche lancets

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes no difference as long as you get an "good" blood droplet. I didn't like the "pen" lancet that came with my CoaguchekXS and ask Coaguchek for a deeper lancet. They supplied me with one that has worked great for the last couple years.
Coaguchek Lancets
REF NO 04348150001
NDC No 50924-043-01
Depth 1.8mm
Width 23 gauge

Any lancet is fine as long as you can get a good drop, but I can tell you that when I started with my Coaguchek about six months ago, I was using the Fast Clix and had an awful time with it. I was getting crazy results and it pretty much boiled down to not getting enough blood, in a short enough time, onto the strip. I had bought the Fast Clix because they had it at my local drugstore. I figured, a lancet is a lancet, right? Plus the Fast Clix had the Gatling Gun-looking setup which I thought would make it more convenient. After a month of frustration I bought some Coaguchek lancets online (the T-shaped single use ones) and it made all the difference. I think the lancing tip is a different shape which produces more blood. I'm guessing the Fast Clix and similar lancets are meant more for glucose testing where not as much blood is needed.

Read about my frustrations if you like:
http://www.valvereplacement.org/for...85-inr-level-via-lab-draw-vs-fingerstick-test

Good point by kolyur. The lancets found in druigstrores are primarily for glucose monitoring. Get in touch with your strip supplier for one that works best for INR. Mine is also a single use "T" shape and produces a tiny slice, not a stick,

I think I use the accucheck softcliq lancets. They work fine for me. The Coaguchek nurse who came to my house recommended them over the others. It is a blue pen.

Cold hands can cause a problem in getting a large enough drop so I put the test target hand in a mitt for 20 minutes and use the Softclick set to the deepest level.

lance;n879437 said:
Cold hands can cause a problem in getting a large enough drop so I put the test target hand in a mitt for 20 minutes and use the Softclick set to the deepest level.

Good lancing advice there from Lance

(Sorry, but it was too hard to resist)

I use the accuchek one. Set at 5. Very easy! The home health recommended it.

The main issue is that you have 21 gauge lancets. For the past few years, I've been using the single-use devices, made for anticoagulation testing - I've used Unistik 3 Extra, lancing devices sold by Medline, and even some called Bullseye. I have more than 1,000 21 gauge lancets that I seem to be having a problem giving away. I'd be happy to share them, for the costs related to shipping them.

The 27 and 31 gauge lancets that are made for diabetic testing WON'T get a large enough drop.

And, yes, as the others said, setting your incision depth to 5 seems to work well (or, at least it did when I was using the lancing device and lancets, rather than the pre-loaded one use devices).

Reactions: Amy
Back