Can I take flu shot?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aalok jain

Hi it's been 1 year for my AVR. I am on Beta blockers and blood thinners . Should I take flu shot as I have never take it in India and now I am in Canada.

Thanks

Yes, it's okay. I had both shots in March and April, and will probably get a booster soon.

(It's okay for Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson - I don't know which vaccine they use in India, but it should be safe)

One other thing - because you take an anticoagulant, your risk of serious embolic events (formation of clots) is reduced.

Yes, it's okay. I had both shots in March and April, and will probably get a booster soon.

(It's okay for Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson - I don't know which vaccine they use in India, but it should be safe)

One other thing - because you take an anticoagulant, your risk of serious embolic events (formation of clots) is reduced.
Hi
Thanks for your reply

I am not talking about covid shots, it's about general flu shot before winter.

Yep I get the flu jab every year as its free at work. Also its free for people with chronic heart disease. Well worth it imo!
This year oddley when I had it I had a misinformed nurse at first refuse to give me the jab because I’m on warfarin, “you cant have it your on warfarin”, “yes I can my INR was 2.3 last friday”,
she was a bit taken back with this rebuttle “oh ok you have a well managed INR”
Managing myself too right I do 😊

The question should be “Why shouldn’t you get a flu shot?”. I can’t think of any reason.
Also personally I generally do not mention I am on warfarin when I am getting a shot. Too much nonsense to deal with. If I was having a large needle driven into my liver being on warfarin might be very pertinent bit a small needle in my arm much less so.

Hi it's been 1 year for my AVR. I am on Beta blockers and blood thinners . Should I take flu shot as I have never take it in India and now I am in Canada.

Thanks
Yea, I have been getting the flu shot for many years, even before my aortic valve replacement. It will help you keep from being sicker from the flu, which can cause more problems without it. Go for it.

The question should be “Why shouldn’t you get a flu shot?”. I can’t think of any reason.
Also personally I generally do not mention I am on warfarin when I am getting a shot. Too much nonsense to deal with. If I was having a large needle driven into my liver being on warfarin might be very pertinent bit a small needle in my arm much less so.
You do not have to mention Metformin or Warafarin . It is in your medical records and at your pharmacy. You are a heart patient and should be doing this shot on a yearly basis anyway. I have and luck has it, no flu caught yet in me.

Yep I get the flu jab every year as its free at work. Also its free for people with chronic heart disease. Well worth it imo!
This year oddley when I had it I had a misinformed nurse at first refuse to give me the jab because I’m on warfarin, “you cant have it your on warfarin”, “yes I can my INR was 2.3 last friday”,
she was a bit taken back with this rebuttle “oh ok you have a well managed INR”
Managing myself too right I do 😊
And here in the USA, Medical insurance pays for the shot and so does Medicare and Medicaid. Abd I used to also get it free from the job. And it does not affect Warafarin, nor the other way around. That shows that the nurse is not educated on the medicine side. LMAO!

I asked my GP after my surgery if I needed things like flu shots now, as I never used to get them before. He just said, it’s up to me. That if I don’t typically get the seasonal flu, I’m probably fine. Still have never had a flu shot

As a follow up, I received my flu vaccine yesterday. I was originally going to get mine at CVS, but they wanted to charge me $35. Took my mom to get hers at Kaiser and they offered to jab me as well for no charge, as I am her caretaker, so the price was right. No negative side effects at all.

As a follow up, I received my flu vaccine yesterday. I was originally going to get mine at CVS, but they wanted to charge me $35. Took my mom to get hers at Kaiser and they offered to jab me as well for no charge, as I am her caretaker, so the price was right. No negative side effects at all.
I also took the shot . Just had some pain for a short time in arm .

Back