Caffeine in Bav

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moe

hey, I was wondering if caffeine intake is fine while u have BAV im at a 3.5 aneurism and have BAV will caffeine effect my heart at all? Im talking like 200mg nothing too serious. Any replies will be appreciated!

Nothing I've ever read suggests it's not.

I typically have 2 or so coffees a day, and a couple of alcoholic drinks in the evening

caffeine is fine before and after surgery. However, when you get over-caffeinated, bad decisions could be made, more beast mode can be turned on, and before the surgery it may not be recommended ;) I would heavily encourage you to lift de-caffeinated and use natural beast mode. You are only 16, you don't need coffee yet.

We all start taking caffeine as kids when we drink Coke, Pepsi, Mt.Dew, Dr. Pepper, etc. Tea and coffee are not as highly processed delivery systems as soda and pills. However, 12oz can of soda deliver between 35-71mg (71 is FDA limit) a cup of coffee about 95mg. A dose of 200mg of caffeine at once is high and not really needed. The more caffeine you take, the more you will need to get the same physiological effect. Just like oxy. That's where people start with one cup at breakfast and wind up drinking a pot. One cup in the morning to get ya going and no more than 2 cups during the day will give you the most effect and limit developing a tolerance. If you are taking pills, I'd try to keep a single dose <100mg.

My electrocardiologist said one cup a day is okay -- she didn't say how LARGE a cup.

I used to be addicted to caffeine - the only carbonated drinks that I have are clear water carbonated with a SodaStream. I used to drink a caffeinated powdered drink, but stopped when I thought it may be giving me shortness of breath - it didn't.

The only caffeine that I have now is about whatever 1/2 tsp of instant coffee adds to a pint of chocolate milk.

For now, I don't think I really miss caffeine.

Latest posts

Back