Buying a Ski Helmet!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Valvers!! I just got back from a 4 day Ski trip! (I'm back downhill skiing after not skiing for 10 years due to anticoagulants post AVR with a Mechanical valve)...It was so incredibly fun and exhilirating to be back skiing!! I had a fantastic time!! Two runs down the Bunny Hill and I was ready for the Blue slopes.. I bought a really good MIP Smith helmet, skied conservatively, skied the Blue Runs and stayed off the Blacks! Anyways, It was a huge mental plus for me to ski with my entire family.

. I bought a really good MIP Smith helmet, skied conservatively, skied the Blue Runs and stayed off the Blacks!
thats great ... now the next thing is to slowly push your envelope back out to what it once was. Keep in mind that you have not practiced for 10 years (such a shame that), so don't go bonkers.

I was told by my surgeons to stop riding motorcycles since before I was even on warfarin, I have for sure had some accidents and now have some shoulder issues which stem from a bicycle crash (ironic) and I still love riding. I've not kept the same pace as my 20's though and have slowed down to be just enjoying the cruise (but still passing those slow pokes on harleys)

thats great ... now the next thing is to slowly push your envelope back out to what it once was. Keep in mind that you have not practiced for 10 years (such a shame that), so don't go bonkers.

I was told by my surgeons to stop riding motorcycles since before I was even on warfarin, I have for sure had some accidents and now have some shoulder issues which stem from a bicycle crash (ironic) and I still love riding. I've not kept the same pace as my 20's though and have slowed down to be just enjoying the cruise (but still passing those slow pokes on harley.

Bill thank you so much for the ski helmet advise! I bought a Smith Vantage MIS Ski Helmet. Worth every cent!! Super, super comfy, very warm (despite strong winds and cold temps). Once I put my helmet on I felt safe and protected!

Bill thank you so much for the ski helmet advise! I bought a Smith Vantage MIS Ski Helmet. Worth every cent!! Super, super comfy, very warm (despite strong winds and cold temps). Once I put my helmet on I felt safe and protected!
Great to hear, coffeelover!!! Happy you had a blast skiing and are digging your new Smith brain-bucket! Yeah, ski helmets are awesome for warmth, comfort and safety. It's a really nice upgrade from a knit hat. My home ski area is still waiting to open (not enough snow) but I've skinned up the mountain twice and skied down (helmet-less, shhhh) and enjoyed each turn. See you on the slopes!

Latest posts

Back