Bubba update?for those that still care!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALCapshaw2

Your Cardio sounds like a Real Gem Danny.

I'd be curious what he thinks of or has to say about Sotalol (generic form of BetaPace) which has been used effectively by several of our members for suppressing A-Fib.

It would be interesting to compare Effectiveness and Side Effects.

Bubba update?for those that still care!!

Hi Y'all,

Some of you may remember my bout with A-Fib, V-Tac, no energy, SOB and a generally BAD feeling starting after Christmas and lasting thru March.

Well, last Thursday I had my 3 month follow-up with my Cardio. To say the least, he was very, very pleased. My BP was 120/60, pulse 68 and steady and NO A-Fib. We must have spent over an hour discussing my condition at the first of the year and ?our? dramatic improvement. I had to laugh when the head nurse chased me down the hallway when I was leaving and wanted to show me my (in her words) ?first NORMAL EKG in the last 4 months.? NORMAL EKG!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! :D:D

My Cardio, Dr. Schwindt, and his whole crew (most still there since I started this Heart Walk in 1995) have become family. Some have even called to see ?how I was? after a visit. I also know I can call them with a question or concern and get an answer back fast.

God is great, and so are my Cardio and his staff.

May God Bless,

Danny :)

GADGET!!!!!! Glad to hear from you bud....

GADGET!!!!!! Glad to hear from you bud....

I have been busy with college and have been wondering what's been goin on with ya. Glad to hear your feeling good and checking out really well with the doctors. Hope this continues there bud. Harrybaby:D:D:cool::cool::D:D

WOW!
This is fantastic news!
Time for the Happy Dance X 10

You know, I was just asking about you the other day.

So happy to hear that your normal and the nurses are chasing you once again.

Cheers my friend, hope things continue to go well for you.

Good news Bubba! What do they attribute this great change to?

He started me on Ranexa, a drug originally for the treatment of Angina. He is big into research and several new tests indicate this drug has also had some success in turning off A-Fib and other irregular heartbeats. He said I was the first of his patients that had such a dramatic response to the med. Others that had tried it had not obtained the results I had.

He also put me on a Tekturna/HCT combo med. This is primarily for reducing BP, which it apparently has.

I don?t know if it was a combination of the drugs or I am one of the lucky ones that had the right gene or what but I ain?t a gonna question it, just LIVE in the moment.

We discussed the various reactions by different patients and I told him about our experiences here at VR.COM. Some here have fantastic results while others keep getting those ?speed bumps? and even ?brick walls? thrown at them. He said it is a challenge to keep up with the different meds and finding that right pill or treatment that works for an individual. He said it is especially hard in this ?I want results NOW? world we live in. He said some, like me, have great results where others have no improvement or even get worse. It can become very frustrating for both him and his patient, especially when the patient becomes easily discouraged. Unfortunately, he says some just never find that right combination.

We also talked about the mismanagement of Coumadin/Warfarin, especially by professionals. He said there were some ongoing studies about potential replacements for Warfarin that remove or reduce the need for close INR management. He said these studies show a lot of promise of improvements in these areas.

May God Bless,

Danny :)

Great news Danny!!! Been wondering where you have been? I guess the nurses chasing you down tells me everything. Glad you are doing so well. What a great personable dr & staff you have.
God is good all the time, but I'm sure you know that! :cool:
Crystal :)

OOHHH yes this is great news indeed and shows our prayers
are answered again@again on vr GODBLESS :)

YAY!!!!!!!!

So glad you are feeling more like your old self, Danny! That's fantastic!

Now pop in here more often.....no excuses!!! ;)

Best wishes

Marguerite

He started me on Ranexa, a drug originally for the treatment of Angina. He is big into research and several new tests indicate this drug has also had some success in turning off A-Fib and other irregular heartbeats. He said I was the first of his patients that had such a dramatic response to the med. Others that had tried it had not obtained the results I had.

Thanks for the info Danny. I passed it along to my brother-in-law and a good friend who both have a-fib issues. My BIL has had it for years (and is on Coumadin of course.)

Danny,

That's awesome news...congrats!!!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"How can anybody be so lucky?" ... John Conlee ... 'Domestic Life'

Back