Bruce E. Teer (bassadict69's father) March 12, 1943 - February 8, 2009

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bassadict69

First of all thanks to everyone for all the prayers for dad & the support you have given meover the last couple of weeks.

We got the dreaded call in the middle of the night last night. He had passed by the time we got to the hospital. His nurse said she went in to get vitals & dad was awake & talking & asked for some water. He drank some water & was talking to the nurse when his vitals started dropping. She said his HR started dropping & she called the code but they were unable to get him back!

For the first time in a long time, dad looked to be at peace for a change. That is what is getting us by right now is knowing he is in a better place & now with NO more problems!

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers!

Bruce E. Teer

BENTON, LA - Services for Bruce E. Teer, 65, will be 9:30 a.m. Friday, February 13, 2009 at Rose-Neath's Bossier Chapel. Officiating will be Rev. Tony Meinhardt, pastor of Cross Point Baptist Church, where Mr. Teer was a member. Graveside services will be 12:30 p.m. at Oak Grove Cemetery, Oak Grove, LA. Visitation will from 6-8 p.m. Thursday, February 12, 2009 at Rose-Neath Funeral Home in Bossier City, LA.

Mr. Teer was born March 12, 1943 in Pineville, LA to Rex L. and Elizabeth Biondo Teer. He died February 8, 2009 in Shreveport, LA. Bruce was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and also a computer programmer for an insurance company.

His father, Rex L. Teer and brother-in-law, Ernest G. Vaughn preceded him in death.

He is survived by his wife of 39 years, Linda Tolbert Teer of Benton, LA; mother, Elizabeth Teer of Deer Park, TX, son, James W. Teer and wife Michelle of Haughton, LA; daughter, Dian Teer Prestwich and husband Spencer of Brighton, CO; sister Helen Vaughn of Deer Park, TX; brothers; James E. Teer and wife Juanice of Pasadena, TX, John W. Teer of Houston, TX; grandchildren, Rachel Teer, Evan, Chase, and Emma Prestwich and four nieces and their husbands.

Memorials may be made to Cross Point Baptist Church, P O Box 187, Benton, LA 71006.

Rose-Neath Funeral Home
Bossier Chapel 318-746-2543

I am so sorry read about your Father. You are so right! Your father is now at peace now and in a better place. You will always have the memories of him in your heart! I know, as I lost my father when I was 28, due to a heart attack. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. Its hard to lose a loved one but knowing they are no longer in pain and struggling does bring some relief to those that are still here. My Dad passed when I was 27 about a week after a triple-bypass and carotid bypass. I was crushed by his loss but I was happy to know he was no longer in pain.

I'm so very sorry to read this, but I pray that he is now at peace and in a better place.
Bless you all

Why do those calls always seem to come in the middle of the night...been there, done that.

I'm sorry for your loss.

RF

So very sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. May you have peace in your wonderful memories of him.

I am very sorry to hear this news. I pray that everyone finds peace.

My deepest sympathy to all of you. May your fond memories of all the good times you had with your Dad help you through this difficult time.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Kim

I'm very very sorry to hear this news. You certainly have my families prayers and condolences during this tough time. Please let us know when arrangements have been made and I'll fix this thread up in memory of him.

Latest posts

Back