Booze Continued

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
duncanjo.......ok,ok,, I'II won't drink...LOL I'II didn't know this was such a hot topic around here. I got my answer everyone thanks no need to add a post. Lets move on. Admin you have my permission to take this thread off. Lets move on..

joe

Bother....you think this hot topic:rolleyes:......try asking about pot:cool::D:p:p:p

.........and yes I expect this thread to be exploded:D

Bother....you think this hot topic:rolleyes:......try asking about pot:cool::D:p:p:p

.........and yes I expect this thread to be exploded:D

moderatorkitteh.jpg

Oh no....Ross has his assistant "Miss Kitty" helping out today.....!!
Actually I got alot of info from reading the alcohol thread. I have had so many rhythm probs, PVCs PACs, SVT, that I have been terrified to even sniff a drink of alcohol. But then when I had some of Freddie's Fabulous Baileys Fudge, I got a yearning for a sipping glass of Baileys. We have a "no booze" house so I will see if I can get a bit of Baileys with a friend. My toilet hugging days are over; falling down at age 49 is more dangerous than falling down at age 29....what a bummer this AGE thing!

Oh no....Ross has his assistant "Miss Kitty" helping out today.....!!
Actually I got alot of info from reading the alcohol thread. I have had so many rhythm probs, PVCs PACs, SVT, that I have been terrified to even sniff a drink of alcohol. But then when I had some of Freddie's Fabulous Baileys Fudge, I got a yearning for a sipping glass of Baileys. We have a "no booze" house so I will see if I can get a bit of Baileys with a friend. My toilet hugging days are over; falling down at age 49 is more dangerous than falling down at age 29....what a bummer this AGE thing!

Chocolate nose:rolleyes::p

I was a bit confused by Joe's last post on his thread. No one here is telling anyone not to drink. I drink! (And I used to do the other that Cooker brought up - but that was back in college and we won't go there. ;) ) If you've ever been to a VR reunion - you'll know that this is a group of people that like their adult beverages with a social evening!

I'm thrilled to pieces that the the new OTC Zyrtec has taken care of my wine allergy and I can now, once again, enjoy a lovely glass of red in the evening.

Moderation (and not just because we're valve people) is the key. No reponsible person is going to tell someone here that it's okay to get wasted while on Coumadin. But it's the opinion of many here that it's not the wise thing to do anyway regardless of Coumadin.

There are some of us who have crossed the sobriety line unintentionally on occasion - and that's going to happen. But setting out for the specific purpose is like someone who's lost their leg in a car accident, that was able to have it reattached and then takes up the hobby of wading through a tank of alligators. Sooner or later that leg is gonna come off again.

Our friend that just had an AVR said he was roomates with a 28 year old man who just had his 2 year-old tissue valve replaced. They shared the same surgeon and when my friend asked his surgeon why the "kid's" valve didn't last he said all the doctor would say was "He wasn't living a life that respected the valve."

So all we're saying is "Live a life that respects your valve." (whether is comes in a glass or rolled in a paper - Cooker. ;))

I was a bit confused by Joe's last post on his thread. No one here is telling anyone not to drink. I drink! (And I used to do the other that Cooker brought up - but that was back in college and we won't go there. ;) ) If you've ever been to a VR reunion - you'll know that this is a group of people that like their adult beverages with a social evening!

I'm thrilled to pieces that the the new OTC Zyrtec has taken care of my wine allergy and I can now, once again, enjoy a lovely glass of red in the evening.

Moderation (and not just because we're valve people) is the key. No reponsible person is going to tell someone here that it's okay to get wasted while on Coumadin. But it's the opinion of many here that it's not the wise thing to do anyway regardless of Coumadin.

There are some of us who have crossed the sobriety line unintentionally on occasion - and that's going to happen. But setting out for the specific purpose is like someone who's lost their leg in a car accident, that was able to have it reattached and then takes up the hobby of wading through a tank of alligators. Sooner or later that leg is gonna come off again.

Our friend that just had an AVR said he was roomates with a 28 year old man who just had his 2 year-old tissue valve replaced. They shared the same surgeon and when my friend asked his surgeon why the "kid's" valve didn't last he said all the doctor would say was "He wasn't living a life that respected the valve."

So all we're saying is "Live a life that respects your valve." (whether is comes in a glass or rolled in a paper - Cooker. ;))

Ah?the voice of reason cries out from the wilderness :D;)

Before this thread gets the old padlock I want to say that it was intended as humor only:D?.my mind goes to strange places when bored:cool::rolleyes:?.and I realize there are many new members that where not around for the infamous ?Pot Thread???.

Not that anyone cares, or that I care if you do, but do not drink or smoke the herb??anymore:rolleyes:??I do not condemn or condone the use of recreational drugs (and yes alcohol is a recreational drug) if done so responsibly by adults?.But I like what was said?..?respect the valve???Hey Hank?..that would look good on a tee shirt.:)

Sub cultural considerations here. You N. American guys and gals tend to smoke your joints neat. Us European folk roll up with tobacco and dope. VR people need no reminder of the link between tobacco and heart disease. So as pleasurable as getting stoned may be, for me it is best avoided because of the tobacco issue. Yeah there are other ways, but pipes chillums, bongs, hot knives et al are for the serious stoner, roll the clock back 35 years maybe, but not now. ;)

DITTO.......no more funny looking plants in my backyard......no more blackened knives in my kitchen drawer.
My pleasures now consist of sitting in the sunshine, watching my goats and cats, listening to the birds, and being so very grateful that I have my life and my family.

What strange and interesting world it can be. :) :cool:
Here am I on a cardiac surgery forum, sharing a transatlantic old hippy past, with fellow onetime hedonist herb users. Who'd have thought it. :D:D

Latest posts

Back