Body aches, Chills and Fever.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jepskie

Hi there. Im jepskie from the philippines. I am 6 years post op. Ive had AVR on April 2005. Im ok but right now i have a 2 day fever, body chills, body aches,
Please advise what to do. tnx in advance.

I can't provide any diagnosis for you but it sounds a lot like the virus going around here in Michigan. If it concerns you, you should see a doctor. How many of the OHS patients here automatically think "it's my heart" any time they feel "off"? I'm definitely that way pre surgery, but was hoping that anxiety level would go down post surgery.

When in doubt, check it out. If there is a fever involved, I would always seek advice from my doctor. Good luck!

I developed fever and chills a couple of months post-op. I went to the Dr for a diagnosis to eliminate the possibility of endocarditis. The Dr. said unlike the general population who see the Dr for Flu symptoms, whom do not require medical diagnosis, he wants me to get these types of symptoms checked out considering I have a MHV.

tnx for the replies. would probably see my doctor tomorow. now no fever. but maybe because of the paracetamol. I also have a nasty bruise in my right arm. there is clot when im holding it i can feel a lump. Is this probably the reason of the chills and fever?

Latest posts

Back