BMDc's surgery on March 9, #5

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duffey

Me and Granbon
Supporting Member
Brian underwent a heart Cath yesterday and his arteries are clear. Once he is in the OR Thursday and the surgeons see what they're facing, they'll decide whether they will try to repair and patch or if they will remove the present valve and graft and replace completely. Either way it will be a long, complicated surgery and prayers are appreciated.

Looks like they started Brian's surgery very early this morning. I'm posting the information I was sent and hoping that all goes well. Update: Brian is going into to be prepared very early and the plan is to start at 7:30am. Drs came by to go over plan and they estimate that it will take minimum of 6-7 hrs. Time could vary depending how things go and there are no complications.

ottagal;n874227 said:
Thanks Duffy,
Sending tons of positive thoughts and prayers to Brian. Will be checking for updates.

And here's the update from Cecelia and it sounds very good: I just got call from the doctors.

They were able to do repairs and only replace top part of aorta. He's vitals are fine and he is stable. They will be closing him up and brought to ICU in next couple of hours :).

Duffey;n874231 said:
And here's the update from Cecelia and it sounds very good: I just got call from the doctors.

They were able to do repairs and only replace top part of aorta. He's vitals are fine and he is stable. They will be closing him up and brought to ICU in next couple of hours :).

glad to hear what sounds like a positive outcome

best wishes (from he who has not a life)

;-)

Brian went to ICU about 5 CST. Cecelia says that there is some trouble maintaining Brian's BP and his lungs are "leaking". I have no clue what that means. They expect he will be on the vent through tomorrow and no visitors until Monday. It sounds like they're taking it slow and methodical which is good.

Thanks Bina, Monday was a long to wait for a an up-date, but I know resting is a must.
Still sending good thoughts and vibes to our bro Brian

I had a text last night about Brian's condition. Pacer wires are out and one chest tube. He's on a nebulizer for some lung issues. He was suppose to leave ICU late evening, and with his short FB post, I assume he has. Cece is trying to line up friends who can help out once he is home.

Definitely a good sign, once they let him out of ICU. Still sending all positive thoughts and prayers his way for continued great progress. We know how difficult these things can be.

Latest posts

Back