Blue lips

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Here's a little true cardiac humor.

Joe was talking to me the other day and I noticed that his lips were very blue. I got a little panicky because prior to his last mitral valve surgery 2 years ago, his lips and nails would get very blue and his skin tone would develop a bluish cast. Very scary.

He's scheduled for mitral valve surgery soon again, so this is something I look for.

I told him that he was going to take a little trip to the ER and I was going to call the cardiologist. Joe said he wasn't feeling any differently than he had felt all day. Didn't convince me though. But thought it was worth trying to see if it would wash off. After a little scrubbing, it did.

Boy was I happy! It turns out that he had had some M&Ms with the new blue coloring. Just the perfect cardiac blue on your lips.

And I thought I had it all together!

Nancy

Thank God for M & M's! Glad to hear it was temporary and not related to his heart!

I turned blue/purple/white three weeks post op from Cardiac Tamponade. The medics were taking me away when the hubby arrived home...took one look at me and said OMG. This coming from a not too opinionated person.

My prayers are with you! Nancy, was this a repeat for Joe? Trying to recall.

Take care,

Hi Gina-

Yes it's a redo on Joe's mitral valve. His mechanical aortic valve is OK, but his own tricuspid is regurging and that will also be looked at. He's also got a pacemaker which is the best thing since sliced bread.

Nancy

Latest posts

Back