Bloodshot Eyes

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc_kowal

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with getting bloodshot eyes while on Warfarin. I normally have slightly blood shot eyes (due to allergies, not sleeping enough, etc.), but today I noticed they seemed a little more so. My INR was 2.5 yesterday, so I'm at the low end of my range. Not sure if it's something that I need to be concerned about. Thanks.

My guess is that it is spring allergy related as a bad spring season is predicted....or not sleeping enough, etc. However, I have had a few tiny blood vessels burst over the years and the resulting "bloodshot" eye really looks terrible for a few days. Consult your doc if it lasts more than a week or causes vision problems.

Same as Dick ... sometimes I get a busted vein and it looks like hell for a couple of days ... nothing to worry about ... live life with gusto and a little Visene :wink2:

My eyes became more sensitive to my TSH levels which is affected by Synthroid (Thyroid medication) after my surgery. When my TSH is high, my eyes become drier and would turn reddish. Since I starterd using lubricating "Genteal" eye drops, I am not affected anymore.

Same as Dick ... sometimes I get a busted vein and it looks like hell for a couple of days ... nothing to worry about ... live life with gusto and a little Visene :wink2:

I've had this twice. It just sort of appears. Can't figure out what triggers it.

Latest posts

Back