Blood pressure!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa2

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello to all. My blood pressure has been increasing over the last couple of years, in spite the fact that I exercise. My diet is consistently inconsistent in that I eat a wide variety of foods. I am working with a wellness coach to find some strategies that work for me to get more protein into my diet, eat five times a day, etc. I get busy at work and forget to eat snacks and end up going too long between meals, so we are working on that.

I saw my primary care physician this week to treat my seasonal bronchial symptoms because Spring is early here in the panhandle. Pollen is coating everything! So back to the point, my BP was dangerously high at 179/109. My doc was freaked and called my cardiologist to consult with him on the appropriate type of drug to treat me. He prescribed a combination calcium channel blocker and ace inhibitor to get things under control.

My doctor was so excited that he forgot to write directions for the pharmacy on the prescription - he wrote takes as directed. That took another 24 hours to resolve between the pharmacy and doctor's office while my anxiety went through the roof worrying about having a stroke or heart attack, etc.

The cardio's office is trying to work me in for a visit and I called my surgeon at UAB. My next appt. with the surgeon is scheduled for the end of May and that may be moved up after I visit the cardio. I guess I am one step closer to swapping the homograft out.

I hope everyone else has had a better week!

Latest posts

Back