Blood Clot or Infection

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penny,

I don't know what I can say, that has not already been said. Just know that I am thinking of you along with alot of others here.

Sending hugs and prayers your way.

thanks everyone for simply being you... I go in to see the doc on thursday again. He will tell me then of the test results. I know this may sound crazy but I don't even want to go back there to see him in fear of what he may tell me next. I realize I must go but still it is freaking me out. No real changes in my sternum pain Lyn. My lung seems to be annoyed but I am not so sure that it isn't from the test. Other than that I have been focussing on trying to find some peace of mind in all of this. Strange how anothers misfortune can make your own stuff seem less serious. I was reading RobThatsMe's posts today and thought I should be grateful that I am not in the hospital and experiencing what he and his family is... anyways I am hanging in there, doing some meditation, and counting my lucky stars.... thanks again everyone!

Thanks for the update and it makes perfect sense to dread going and hearing bad news once again..we've been there. Do you know what the plan is if things don't look better.
also I was wonderring you mentioned they thought you were allergic to the antibiotics..did they change them?
Sorry to hear your lung is still botherring you, are you still doing your breathing exercises?

Waiting on blood work is the worst. You must be so frustrated. I hope you can find something to keep your mind busy while you wait. Maybe a new book. When I'm feeling anxious I try to think of all the good things in my life or I'll imagine my favorite place and pretend I'm there. For me it was when I was 9 years old on Christmas day I was laying in the hammock (I live in Florida) wearing a sweater my grandma knitted for me, eating gumballs and listening to my new portable radio. The weather was beautiful and I was so relaxed. That's my happy place. What is yours?

thanks everyone for simply being you... I go in to see the doc on thursday again. He will tell me then of the test results. I know this may sound crazy but I don't even want to go back there to see him in fear of what he may tell me next. I realize I must go but still it is freaking me out. No real changes in my sternum pain Lyn. My lung seems to be annoyed but I am not so sure that it isn't from the test. Other than that I have been focussing on trying to find some peace of mind in all of this. Strange how anothers misfortune can make your own stuff seem less serious. I was reading RobThatsMe's posts today and thought I should be grateful that I am not in the hospital and experiencing what he and his family is... anyways I am hanging in there, doing some meditation, and counting my lucky stars.... thanks again everyone!

Penny,
It is certainly understandable that you have trepidation going into another appt! I hope that someone will be going with you. I am really hoping that you get some better news. We are all praying and rooting for you.
<<Hugs>>

Thanks for the update and it makes perfect sense to dread going and hearing bad news once again..we've been there. Do you know what the plan is if things don't look better.
also I was wonderring you mentioned they thought you were allergic to the antibiotics..did they change them?
Sorry to hear your lung is still botherring you, are you still doing your breathing exercises?

hey everyone
no plans Lyn, I just keep doing what they tell me to do. They did change the antibiotics, first I was on vancomyicin and rifampin and now it is cloxicillin and rifampin.. ( I think that is the correct spelling) As for the breathing exercises I had stopped doing them for my lung wasn't bothering me and they told me that my first ct scan was fine.. now since they did the second ct scan it has started again... grrrrrr
Michelle great idea, I do have a spot, it is down at this ocean side park where not many people go to. I spent lots of time there a few years back when I lost my mom. Maybe tomorrow I will venture out there.. thanks for the idea.
Rob, you complain all you need to... the recovery from this surgery is not easy for anyone... :) nice to hear from you..
all you other girls & guys... thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support through this all.

Penny- Good luck Thursday. Thanks for your nice words in my recent post. I will still keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know you will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. As everyone says, we have our own timeline to recovery. Pat

I'm so happy, that is fantastic. I hope it's all smooth sailing from here, you've been through enough. I told you those infectious disease doctors are sadistic. I thought about what you were going through everyday and I'm happy you are finally getting a break from all this nonsense.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! Yeah...finally some good news for you, Penny. So glad all the positive thoughts and prayers were answered. We will keep them coming.

I go back to see him Monday. I still have the iv in for now. He said he wants to keep an eye on my blood work as the inflamitory markers are still elavated. Thank you everyone for your posts. They are like getting hugs from you guys. :) I will let you know what doc has to say on Monday.

Back