Big Day

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchboy

Well, after a long wait, my surgery is schedule next Monday at 7am. I hope the team is adequately caffeinated:) Again, thanks to all who have posted their experiences; there is so much great information in every thread.
I’ll be back to lean more about post-surgery and ACT management and offer my two cents when it can be of benefit.

Thanks again,

Dutchboy

Last edited:
Dutchboy: Congrats on getting your surgical date after a long wait! Looking forward to you returning here post-surgery and telling us all about it. Incidentally, I have gotten past my episode of "cold feet" and have resumed my pre-op battery of tests, so should be getting a surgical date myself before long.

Your brothers and sisters from this great forum will be with you in spirit next Monday and as you progress with recovery and rehab. All best!

Well, after a long wait, my surgery is schedule next Monday at 7am. I hope the team is adequately caffeinated:) Again, thanks to all who have posted their experiences; there is so much great information in every thread.
I’ll be back to lean more about post-surgery and ACT management and offer my two cents when it can be of benefit.

Thanks gain,

Dutchboy

Having been through this 5 weeks ago, good luck and best wishes.

Dutchboy: Congrats on getting your surgical date after a long wait! Looking forward to you returning here post-surgery and telling us all about it. Incidentally, I have gotten past my episode of "cold feet" and have resumed my pre-op battery of tests, so should be getting a surgical date myself before long.

Your brothers and sisters from this great forum will be with you in spirit next Monday and as you progress with recovery and rehab. All best!

Thank Superbob and good luck moving forward.

Congratulations on the date! Looking back, with the benefit of 14 year’s hindsight, AVR marked the second half of my life. The process can be frightening and filled with uncertainty, but fellow VRer’s have trudged along the same road and remain to offer support during recovery. Looking forward to seeing you on the other side of this. Godspeed!

Thanks again,

Dutchboy
Good luck Dutchboy.

@dutchboy, I hope you encountered a guy at Shadyside named 'Al' that takes care of patients that are staged in the OR arena. He does great imitations and put my mind at ease before they wheeled me in for surgery. He and the whole team at Shadyside are great people.

Wishing you the best of recoveries. Keep your pillow close.

Latest posts

Back