Best INR tracker app for Android?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triff

Hi!

I've just jumped ship from iPhone to Android and I'm looking for a replacement for OATBook (http://www.oatbook.co.uk/), which has served me well for the last couple of years.

Any recommendations? They all score around 3-4 stars. Ideally I want something that will let me import data I've exported as .csv (and then parsed correctly) from OATBook.

Thanks!

google doc spreadsheet

and its free

and its more powerful

I've been wanting to develop an app because they are all dodgy and do little more than what a spreadsheet does.

With a google doc you own the data and it won't vanish in 10 years

I guess that's one option, but the main reason I use OATBook is because I need nagging reminders and can't be bothered setting up some spreadsheet/calendar combo.

triff;n860301 said:
but the main reason I use OATBook is because I need nagging reminders and can't be bothered setting up some spreadsheet/calendar combo.

I just use an alarm (daily). Its also a good idea to take your dose at the same time.

I don't test every day, so I only enter data once a week ... none of the Android ones seem to have had that sort of (nagging alarm) feature.

I've been considering developing an app myself (to build in some of the stuff that I have developed in my own testing) but am not sure if there is enough market for it (as most people on warfarin are not valvers, but doddery elderly who would not be driving an android phone ...

I don't put it in my diary / calendar ... only the "alarm" ... which on my phone also turns the phone on if its off ...

PS: in some ways that's one of the nicer features of iPhone vs Android ... some of the apps are much more well developed

PPS: OATBook seems a great product

I might just get WARFARIN!!!! tattooed onto my arm :)

If you ever decide to go ahead with the app as valvers get more tech savvy, give me a shout - I'm a game artist with a fair bit of design/UI/UX experience.

I'll report back if I find anything that matches up to OATBook, and maybe email the developer to see if he's thought about a new phone lately ;)

Reactions: Amy
triff;n860303 said:
I might just get WARFARIN!!!! tattooed onto my arm :)

make sure it has blood runs coming out of the font ;-)

bleeding-edge.jpg

;-)

Latest posts

Back