Bentall’s pricedure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deepak khanka

Hi All
Has anyone had a Bentall’s procedure and which valve was used in the procedure .

Hi All
Has anyone had a Bentall’s procedure and which valve was used in the procedure .

So, a Bentall Procedure is the replacement of the aortic valve and part of the aorta at the same time. I had this procedure done 18 weeks ago.

By which valve was used, I assume you mean was it a tissue or mechanical valve? Mine was a mechanical valve- the St. Jude. Dacron sheath was used to replace my aortic root and part of my ascending aorta.

Hi Chuck
Thanks for your reply. Only reason I ask in this procedure while replacing the root the only mechanical valve that can be used is St. Jude. While I was thinking of going for On-x. Is this true? How do you feel? . Noise from the new valve ? INR and will it come to a stable range range where you will have to test INR levels less often .

Hi Chuck
Thanks for your reply. Only reason I ask in this procedure while replacing the root the only mechanical valve that can be used is St. Jude. While I was thinking of going for On-x. Is this true? How do you feel? . Noise from the new valve ? INR and will it come to a stable range range where you will have to test INR levels less often .
Οχι, σχεδον ολες οι εταιριες εχουν pre-assembled.
https://www.cryolife.com/products/on-x-heart-valves/ascending-aortic-prosthesis/
https://www.edwards.com/devices/heart-valves/konect-resilia
http://www.probuono.lt/en/products/sorin-group/heart-valves
https://mmcts.org/tutorial/50

Last edited:
St.Jude and aorta 15 years ago. Warfarin so far 38 years. Probably little difference between St. Jude and ON-X or other similar valves made out of carbon and are bileaflet. St. Jude has the longest track record.

Hi Chuck

I have never heart that the Bentall could only use a St. Jude and not an On-X. I'm curious what led you to believe this? Bentall procedures have been done with all kinds of mechanical valves.

I feel great. I don't feel that I had valve surgery 18 weeks ago, but just feel normal. I am back to exercising very hard, doing cardio vascular workouts and lifting weighs and the valve is doing great.

"Noise from the new valve ?"

Yes, but only if I am in a quiet place and then only if I pay attention and listen for it. No one else can hear it. My wife can hear it only when she puts her head on my chest. When I do listen for it, it does not bother me. It is nice to be able to hear that it is doing its job.

Per your INR question, my INR has been very stable. I test myself with my Coaguchek xs about once per week. I highly recommend self testing. Some test less often than this, but I prefer to test weekly.

I do. St Jude 21 mm. I only hear it when I’m trying to sneak up on my kids lol! It’s actually peaceful.

I have never heart that the Bentall could only use a St. Jude and not an On-X. I'm curious what led you to believe this? Bentall procedures have been done with all kinds of mechanical valves.

I feel great. I don't feel that I had valve surgery 18 weeks ago, but just feel normal. I am back to exercising very hard, doing cardio vascular workouts and lifting weighs and the valve is doing great.

"Noise from the new valve ?"

Yes, but only if I am in a quiet place and then only if I pay attention and listen for it. No one else can hear it. My wife can hear it only when she puts her head on my chest. When I do listen for it, it does not bother me. It is nice to be able to hear that it is doing its job.

Per your INR question, my INR has been very stable. I test myself with my Coaguchek xs about once per week. I highly recommend self testing. Some test less often than this, but I prefer to test weekly.
I am under the impression the Dacron root and st jude’s valve is all in one device. Once the old root & aortic valve is remove the synthetic one is launched. I think this product is the only one in the market . Pls confirm🙏🏼

What size is your Dacron tube? I did a TOE and my Dacron tube is quite narrow 19 mm. Can a bigger valve and root be attached to this19mm tube ?

I did a TOE and my Dacron tube is quite narrow 19 mm.

So you've already had your procedure? Or do you mean that either your aorta or your annulus are 19mm? You would not have a dacron tube unless you've already had your procedure, as dacron is the material used for the tube that replaces the aorta.

Latest posts

Back