bbb's surgery a success!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marguerite53 said:
This excellent news from CC

"30-Nov-07 11:08 AM - Even better news today!
Betsy is doing really well. After a pretty hard night, she is sitting up in an enormous bed, still in the ICU, drawing, joking, being incrediably brave, listening to her relaxing music and saying often..."I did it, it's done, I made it".

So Betsy has a new tissue valve and a fixed aorta. She is going to really feel good! The surgeon, Dr Svensson really encouraged her to have a Tissue valve, luckily Betsy had already come to that decision herself. "

Sounds like Betsy is coming along beautifully. It will be interesting to hear why the surgeon chose the tissue valve for her. It also sounded like the entire experience at CC has been very upbeat and professional.

Wishing Betsy continued smooth sailing!

Marguerite

CCF uses alot more tissue than mechanical especially in the past 10 years, http://www.clevelandclinic.org/hear...e3.asp?firstCat=59&secondCat=440&thirdCat=444

I'm not sure how old Betsy is but here's a link about CCF and tissue in younger (than 60) people http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/guide/disease/valve/pericardialvalvestory.htm

so happy to hear of Betsy's successful surgery and that she is doing so well! I said a prayer for her yesterday morning and kept checking the forum all day today for an update...was getting kinda nervous before I realized I needed to check the POST surgery forum now....congratulations Betsy....you made it to the other side! I can't believe a 3 hour surgery for aneurysm and valve replacement! I am scheduled for consult with Dr. Svensson on January 8th so hope my experience goes as well!

Betsy:
Glad to hear everything went well. Dr. Svensson is fast in the operating room. Three hours for your surgery and just three and a half hours for mine.

Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery....

Blnmakerr

Out of CICU

Out of CICU

Here's the latest on Betsy. I'm hoping she might be able to take over pretty soon ...... we'll see!! I have no idea how the access to computers works at CC, or how soon she might be up to it. Funny how I don't remember those first few days that well...... do you guys?? ;)

"She's now out of intensive care on the "Step Down" ward and is stable. She isn't on morphine anymore.

She is walking and eating a little sitting in a chair. It's Day 3....one of the hardest days apparently for heart patients. The Doctors are all very happy with how she's doing."

Sounds GREAT!!

:D Marguerite

Welcome to the other side of the Mountain at CC

Welcome to the other side of the Mountain at CC

I am glad that Betsy is doing so well!

I am assuming that the 10th floor access will be the same as the 11th floor (where I am awaiting AV replacement surgery with DR Svennsson tomorrow). The patient access computers run Internet Explorer, and I have my laptop on the same network that they are using, so Betsy should be able to go to one of the patient PC's, go to the VR site and log in using her alias and should be able to give updates directly.

westkane said:
I am glad that Betsy is doing so well!

I am assuming that the 10th floor access will be the same as the 11th floor (where I am awaiting AV replacement surgery with DR Svennsson tomorrow). The patient access computers run Internet Explorer, and I have my laptop on the same network that they are using, so Betsy should be able to go to one of the patient PC's, go to the VR site and log in using her alias and should be able to give updates directly.

Hope you and Betsey get to meet up while you both are there. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and look forward to hearing that all went well.

Latest Update

Latest Update

Things continue to go beautifully for Betsy.....

"Well, it's day 4......and she is doing really fantastically. Early this morning the nurse took out the wires that were there ready to hook her up to a pace maker if needed. This is a big hurdle to get over. She has had a brilliant heart beat since the surgery. It's funny because she feels like she already has more energy!! But then she crashes....When she up she is really up and then suddenly she gets really tired. She's so positive and so optimistic.

Doctors are saying she can leave the hospital on Tuesday tomorrow! We, of course, are thrilled. Bets feels confident too. We'll stay in the hotel near by for a couple more days to get adjusted. "

Way to go, Betsy!! Just fantastic!! Come back and see us soon! :D

Marguerite

Thanks for the post- great news and I will look forward to hearing from her when she is home!

Latest posts

Back