Bad Fatigue

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband wakes up, has breakfast, does a few chores till about 11am, then falls asleep in his chair. I wake him about 12.30 for lunch. By 2.00pm he is asleep again. Wakes about 3.00 and does a few things. Sometimes he will last till 7.00pm before he heads to the Land of Nod again but sometime it is earlier. About 10.00pm he wakes up and then is awake on and off till 3 or 4 am. I don't know if this is the aortic stenosis or just habit - he is 66 years old and he's been doing it for years even before the AS became severe. He does stop breathing sometimes during his sleep but we got that checked out and it isn't enough for him to need a CPAP. After he has recovered from the OHS on July 9th it will be interesting to see if there is any change to his sleeping habits.

My husband wakes up, has breakfast, does a few chores till about 11am, then falls asleep in his chair. I wake him about 12.30 for lunch. By 2.00pm he is asleep again. Wakes about 3.00 and does a few things. Sometimes he will last till 7.00pm before he heads to the Land of Nod again but sometime it is earlier. About 10.00pm he wakes up and then is awake on and off till 3 or 4 am. I don't know if this is the aortic stenosis or just habit - he is 66 years old and he's been doing it for years even before the AS became severe. He does stop breathing sometimes during his sleep but we got that checked out and it isn't enough for him to need a CPAP. After he has recovered from the OHS on July 9th it will be interesting to see if there is any change to his sleeping habits.
Rainbow,
I’ve been using CPAP machine since 2005. A year ago, my machine stopped working. Medicare won’t replace without a new sleep study. The new study ruled I didn’t need one. I was happy somehow. After two weeks, my blood pressure started rising, my heart rate started rising, and I would suddenly fall asleep during the day and anywhere. I told my sleep doctor. He wrote a letter to Medicare and I got a new machine!

Rainbow,
I’ve been using CPAP machine since 2005. A year ago, my machine stopped working. Medicare won’t replace without a new sleep study. The new study ruled I didn’t need one. I was happy somehow. After two weeks, my blood pressure started rising, my heart rate started rising, and I would suddenly fall asleep during the day and anywhere. I told my sleep doctor. He wrote a letter to Medicare and I got a new machine!
I will be doing a sleep study soon and thanks for sharing your information on Medicare and CPAP machine, if I might need one. And hope you are
doing well. Hugs for today for you.

Reactions: Eva

Latest posts

Back