Back home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Chris

Back home now after the surgery last Friday.

I am so please with how it all went. I had prepared myself for a mechanical valve and and the surgeon Dr Bruce Garlick was able to repair what was a very poor valve.

The staff at St Andrews War Memorial Hospital Brisbane were fantastic and couldn't do enough for you. Also I shared a ward with 2 guys who had just had by pass surgery on the same day, and we will be friends for life.

Now I just need to learn to put the breaks on and take the recovery slowly.

Thank you everyone so much for your support and prayers it was really reasuring being able to talk with many of you and share the experiences. I would be only too glad to be able to return the favour.

Cheers

Chris:)

Welcome back, Chris! Great to hear from you. Thanks for checking in with a synopsis. I hope we'll get the saga at a later date.:D

Hello again, not sure of your exact date of surgery (was it friday?) so you were in hospital for only 5 days?.

I'm very interested in your experiences re chest recovery post ohs and also how you 'feel' afterwards...you mention you had very mild simptoms which is how i feel (actually i think i have none) but the body is good at masking how you really feel so i'm interested if you have any unexpected improvements.

So glad you're home and were able to get a repair. Best wishes for a complete and uneventful recovery!

I'm glad you were able to get your valve repaired. I was very worried about that when I had my operation last year. When I was awakened in the ICU with the breathing tube still in, I gave the "thumbs up" sign when I heard it was a repair:) Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Welcome home Chris! Best wishes with the repair! It's always good to keep your own "equipment" if possible. Now be good to yourself. Just walk, sleep, eat and breath. No trying to be Super Valver!

Welcome Back:)

Glad to hear everything went well. God bless and God speed...

Welcome Back!!

Welcome Back!!

Awesome news! It sort of blows my mind that you were only in the hospital the length of time I was in with Gall Bladder surgery:eek: That is amazing - and you sound wonderful already!!
Thanks for the update - very encouraging for those of us waiting around :)

Keep taking care of yourself!!

Congrats and welcome home!! Good to hear you are doing so well. Keep up the positive attitude!! Hope things continue to be uneventful. Can't wait to here the rest of the story.

Latest posts

Back