Back Home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jeff H.

Well thanks for all of your concerns. now I may be able to help out someone just as ourselves. A little update, I came home last night around 6pm, didn't know that the van we have can sway back and forth so much. All and all It came out just fine. I do understand the pillow thing now! Ha Ha A little emotional don't quite understand that, you know guy thing, feel real priviliged to have had this done to me, so I can have a better life. The doc I guess claimed the valve was worse than he thought. Didn't supprise me much the way I felt, glad I didn't wait until I wanted to then. When they took me out of surgery they asked me were I was and what day it was. The only thought came to mind was Disneyland. I finally had to appoligize and tell her, it was quite a ride. Try to catch up on others like Andy? Thanks for prayers! Jeff H.

Hang on to the pillow - you will get that evil sneeze one of these days and you will think you are going to die right there on the spot!! As to emotions, think we all had those and think the emotions change somewhat from here on out, to kinder gentler feelings. Don't know why but have heard others speak of it, too. Keep on keepin on and God bless.

Welcom to the other Side

Welcom to the other Side

Good to hear everything went ok. Keep up informed and ask if you have any concerns.

Welcome home. Each and every day you will feel a little better. It's been 3 weeks since my surgery and I'm feeling much better each and every day. Don't worry about the emotions. I think that's normal. I still get emotional for little things. But I'm told that that is normal. One of the best peices of advice that I have received from our heart buddies is to start walking as soon as possible. So when you are able go ahead and start walking around your neighborhood. You won't be able to speed walk or anything but just slowly walking will make the world of difference in how you feel. Also, get plenty of rest. Welcome to the other side of the mountain my friend and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hi Jeff-

Hi Jeff-

You sound great. Congrats on being home and having your "new" heart. You're coming right along.

Nancy

Jeff,
Glad that you are home and doing okay.... evil sneezes is right!!!! Coughing isn't too grand either for that matter!!!

Will be in Spokane July 2 for my oncologist appt.

Take care and don't lift anything HEAVY!!!! Don't open the fridge door!!!! Don't DRIVE!!!! (Life is full of don'ts, isn't it?????) hee hee

Zazzy

Glad you're home!

Glad you're home!

Jeff,
Glad to hear you are home quickly. Feels more comfortable to be at home to recover. I had palpitations and was in for a week and a half. Your pillow will become your best friend. My surgeon gives all her heart patients firm Teddy Bears for after the surgery to hug to your chest. I also used a bed pillow to sleep on my side. Best wishes for a comfortable recovery!

:)

Welcome to this side of the mountain, Jeff. Your account brings back memories of those first days. I am now just short of 6 weeks post surgery and I can attest that everything everybody has said here all along--that it just gets better--is so true and you will soon be enjoying the benefits of your new valve much more.

Definitely the :mad: EVIL:mad: sneeze is something to be very alert for, because it will sneak up on you when you least expect it. I have sneezed, and suppressed sneezes, more in the last 4 weeks than at any other time in my life. Seems like after the first one, the reverse psychology just made them occur all the more frequently and intensely. The good news, though, is that now they don't hurt very much anymore and I don't have to try to avoid them as much. However, consider yourself duly advised that sneezing is definitely your ENEMY!

Keep us posted on your recovery.

Latest posts

Back