Back from the southern mini-reunion.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvdr

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I got back a little while ago from Pigeon Forge. I had an absolutely wonderful time and I'm really glad I was able to attend. I finally got to meet so many wonderful members and left there with that nice feeling you get after having spent a few days with good friends and lots of laughter. Cooker(Tom) and his wife Sherry were there from South Carolina, Wise and Cindy were there from Kentucky, Gadgetman(Danny) and his wife Peg were from Georgia, Mary and her husband Bob from Missouri, Sherry and her husband Stacy from Indiana, Marie(Earline) and her husband Jules from Lousiana, Shezagirl(Janie) and Mike from Texas and me from North Carolina. We were all from different states which I thought was interesting. Cooker's wife Sherry brought some of her homemade cakes (5!) and found plenty of good food around. The weather was beautiful and sunny and I think we went two days without a cloud in the sky!

Every time I have had the privilege of getting together with members of this board I am impressed all over again with the love and concern that is felt and how much concern there is over the welfare of fellow members, both old and new) who post on this site. Hank, you did a really good thing when you got this site going. Ross, good friend you are truly loved!

I'm sure others will chime in now and I'm sure pictures will soon appear from somewhere so just be patient.

We were all looking forward to meeting Designlady who lives close to the reunion site and were sad to hear she had become sick. Jane, we hope you are feeling better soon and we'll have another opportunity to meet you.

I forgot to mention Cindy's guide dog, Perry. We all fell in love with him. He is a truly remarkable dog and I'm so glad he lives with such a loving couple as Wise and Cindy.

My husband and I just got back too (10 minutes ago) and had a wonderful time meeting and reconnecting with members. We ended up staying 45 miles away with a former co-worker of my husband's, but when Mapquest took us straight through the mountains (literally), it took a lot longer than what 45 miles should have taken. I swear, we were in such a remote area, at one time I thought I heard strains of a banjo :rolleyes:, but that's another story.
Anyway, hooked up with my buddy Janie and Mike for flapjacks and then met with Wise, Cindy, and Perry. Visited a local winery, tasted the wares, and then visited a Christmas outlet. At that point, the group had returned from sightseeing, and we all met up in the courtyard of the lovely hotel where Janie and Mike were staying. I'm attaching a picture from that meeting. Hubby and I left shortly after to go back to meet up with some of his Alcoa buddies, but even though we only stayed in PF for a day, I would concur with Betty that everytime I return from meeting VR members, it feels like such a privilege to be part of this group. Even though we all share this common bond, it's really more than that that keeps us all coming together: friendship.

Looking forward to our St. Louis rendevous... Take care all.

I am sure that the pictures and stories will be coming in this week ,,, I have a few of my own:D ... We are whipped but I just want to pop in before we crashed and say that we had a great time, GREAT .... everyone was/is lovely and the weekend was a true blessing for us both .... Can't wait for St Louis:):).....Goodnight:)

I may never get to meet any of you except those that are near to me as is, but I hold a special place in my heart for everyone here. You folks will never know how much you've meant to me over these last 7 years.

Great picture, but who's who?
Sure glad you all made it back safe and sound and the weather was good for your outings.:)

Its been a little quiet around here the past 4 days.:)

names to go along with the faces in pic

names to go along with the faces in pic

Forgot to post names with the pic: front row Janie (Shezagirlie), Tom (Cooker), me (Sherry); second row Tom's wife, Sherry, Wise (Wise), Wise's wife, Cindy, Cindy's companion dog, Perry, Marie (Earline), Betty (Bvdr), Mary (Mary), and Danny (Gadgetman).

Cindy, Perry and I had a ball and feel that we left Pigeon Forge having made (or continued) 13 friends. I couldn't say enough good things about everyone. I have never felt more comfortable in the midst of a group of people in my life.

We also just made it home, and I concur with everything that has been written. It was a terrific week-end, and everything and everyone was perfect!:):)
Thanks Tom for getting it organized, and I hope it turns into an annual event!:)

I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms :eek:(miss my Gatlinburg buddies) so do you think we could all meet at the usual location (4th floor);) for coffee and cake after dinner tonight?;):D:D:D

Sounds like you guys had a great time, sorry I could not make it,

We had a nice few days with our friends in Florida

We are about 120 miles east of San Antonio so hope to meet up with Janie in the next day or so, then we plan to do a bit of touring in TX then maybe NM then onto New Orleans were we hope to meet Praline.

Jan

I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms :eek:(miss my Gatlinburg buddies) so do you think we could all meet at the usual location (4th floor);) for coffee and cake after dinner tonight?;):D:D:D

Okay, and we'll a slice of the fig pound cake for starters.

Jan, you must be pretty near my neck of the woods! Katy is about 170 miles east of San Antonio. Be careful in San Antonio traffic. People there are crazy! It's a beautiful city though, and has so many different things to do. Everything from visiting a mission to getting a condom hat made for you at Dick's on the Riverwalk!

Glad to hear you all had such a good time. I wish I could have made it, but I am saving travel time and money for college visits. Maybe if my daughter and I come to visit Clemson in the next few months, I'll get to meet some of you.

Just like everyone else, it was such a treat to meet VR folks.. We're just in from the airport and I couldn't wait to download 93 pics..:eek:

Here's my favorite one for tonight...and what a lovely family they are..Cindy, Wise and Perry.

Pictures!

Betty (bvrd) and Me (Mary) waiting for the others outside the Pancake house.

Pictures!

In Gatlinburg . . . Danny, Wise, Cindy, Betty, Bob, Mary, Earline, Jules, Tom, Sherry.

Latest posts

Back