Baby Aspirin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGold

AVR in about two weeks. My surgeon didnt say that I should stop taking the aspirin... A freind in the medical business was surprised he didnt. I plan on calling the surgeon to see if maybe he forgot to say anything. Did any of your doctors tell you to stop few weeks prior to AVR?

BGold: My surgery is first thing tommorrow morning - March 18th...I was advised to stop taking baby aspirin, fish oil and other supplements on the 11th.- One week before surgery.
Best of luck. I should be recooperating at home when you go in.

Last edited:
I wasn't specifically taking baby aspirin, but I was taking a fish oil supplement which also thins the blood. I was advised to stop taking it one week prior to my operation.

Bracken
I was told to stop all herbal supplements including fish oil at least 7-10 days prior but nothing about aspirin. I will definetly be call in the morning.

I was on Warfarin before my valve was replaced, we bridged off with heparin 72 hours before surgery and all went well. No excessive bleeding and drains came out on day three like normal. Probably best to ask surgeon for sure.

Check with your surgeon but I also was advised to not take any aspirin or products containing aspirin (which are many) for at least a week pre op.

Best wishes for your surgery.

I wasn't taking baby aspirin before my surgery, but was also told to stop taking fish oil a week or so out because of it's anticoagulation properties.

BGlod, what did you find out, you did not update us about the you was going to make to the doctor. Any asprin, baby or adult dosages, will thin the blood more. I hope you were able to get in the call and found out. Don't want you to have more problems. Let us know something. Thanks and hugs for today.

Heart of the Sunrise
I hope all went well and recovery is going smoothly. Im in on Tuesday.... im ready for it to be over with... the years of this weighing on me has taken a toll.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery

All the best for Tuesday.

Sure you will be home before you have chance to think what it was all about. I know I found
the whole thing surreal.

See you in post-op!

Adrienne:cool:

BGold: Best of luck on Tuesday. I will be thinking about you. I have my follow-up with my cardio on Tuesday. I am also stopping by work since we drive by on the way to my appt. Today was my second full day at home. I am 11 days post-op. Before surgery I was walking 2 miles a day at the gym in 32 minutes. Today I took 2 4/10 of a mile walks. These took me 25 minutes each. Starting next week I will do 3 walks per day...adding a walk with each passing week. I am also no longer taking anything to assist with sleep. My bed is too high and hard to get in and out of. So for now it's the family room couch.:eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back