AVR Video

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

volsfan

If your like me, you like knowing all you can about your surgury. If so you might like to see this video of a AVR by Dr. David Ott at the Texas Heart Institute. In the video thay cover all valve replacement related topics. I must tell you if you have a weak stomach you might not need to see this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6218906821548692571&q=Ross+Procedure&time=2865000&pl=true

This video really helped me and I hope it will for you also. If you know of a Ross video please let me know.

Interesting. The most fascinating part was how the surgeon just casually snipped the aorta open with a pair of scissors. Plus they did the whole thing incredibly fast. Aorta sutured and everything done in under an hour!

Ross video

Ross video

There is a webcast video of a Ross procedure performed by Dr. Stelzer at Beth Israel in NY in the archives of ORLive. He answered one of my questions live during the operation and then emailed me privately to elaborate on his response! If I'm not mistaken, this took place a little over a year ago.

:eek: Wow! That was amazing!!! At first I was squeamish and kind of looked out between my fingers like you would at a horror movie, but eventually I was drawn in by the beauty of it all, if you will...I even felt elation at the end of the surgery when they said that the man's own power had taken over....:D

LB

PS I am new here, Just joined today May 3, 2006. :)

I'm glad I watched this after my surgery.
Sometimes ignorance is bliss. :)

Thank you ....

Thank you ....

...for posting this site. It looks very interesting. I want to take a look at this video when I have time. I also want to see the one about the kidney transplant. I am curious to learn more about my long ago surgery.

I just took a peek - looks like the video runs for most of an hour. Will watch it tonight when I am home.

Thanks for posting this. It's going to answer a LOT of my questions.

I started watching it and opted out. Maybe I will try again after Adam's surgery. I am surprised, but I just couldn't do it right now!

Aortic Valve Replacement

Aortic Valve Replacement

I'm glad I didn't know what I had to go through before I had it done or I may have opted not to do it. The film left nothing out and was good.

Wow

Wow

I thought I would be sick but as I got into it ,.that was quit interesting, i could only get cc no sound I liked it thanks

Thanks For Posting This Video

Thanks For Posting This Video

RossGurlie,

Thanks for your post!! The video help with questions I steal had about my ross.

Back