AVR and bypass surgery together

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxximom

Hi all..thank you again for your responses to my scared newbie part 2 post. I am still trying to find people out there who may have had AVR and Bypass surgery together. I guess there aren't to many of you out there. If you know of anyone who could email me even if they aren't participating in this forum I would appreciate it. I am worried about the combined surgeries and the time I might be on the bypass machine and of course the added possibities of complications..matter of fact I'm pretty worried about everything. We meet with Dr. Glower at Duke on Thursday..and of course I will have many many questions for him. I still wonder if there is a "better" surgeon out there possibly even more qualified to do the combined surgery.I guess I just need a little "hand hoilding" Thanks for any help. Are there any more forums out in cyberspace that I might go to that could address my issues?
Joan Seide [email protected]

Hi Joan,

I understand your fears. However, Dr. Glower is the best at duke. He is well known by his colleges. When I was on the floor after my surgery. I had nurses come by and ask me how I had gotten in to see him. I think the nurses are a good judge. They confirmed my feelings, that he was a wonderful surgeon. I'm sure that when you meet with him you will see how careing and patient he is.

Make sure to bring a list of questions with you. So you do not forget any. As we have all said the waiting is the worst. Making decissions, having appointments goes right along with it. I'll call you tomorrow night if you are home.

martha

Latest posts

Back