Avocet Is Out Of Business

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lance Visnich

Hello everyone! As you may all be aware, Avocet has gone out of business and will no longer support patient's or professionals. This now makes QAS the only company in the United States that supports patients, and also the largest to the professional market. Anyone currently using Avocet can call me and arrange a switch of monitors, and we will try the insurance processing for you free of charge. Also, if anyone knows any Dr's office or clinic using Avocet, I would like to have the name and phone number so that we can switch them as well. Sorry for the news and feel free to call me at QAS 800-298-4515 ex28 if you have any questions or concerns,

Regards,

Lance Visnich

ProTime System

ProTime System

No one has ever called me after I purchased my Protime Unit to help me set it up or to provide any kind of support.

If you are an employee of QAS..... well, I for one do not appreciate your "signing up" as a member of VR.com.

Clarification

Clarification

I read your post as a sales pitch, i.e. ".......anyone using Avocet can call me to arrange a switch of monitors."

Is this something you are doing for free? Or to generate sales?

Your request for Dr office or clinic numers: "........and we can switch them as well." Sounds like you're going to just send off new monitors to replace the Avocets

and ARE WE YOUR SOURCE OF LEADS? HOW MANY WEBSITES LIKE OURS HAVE BECOME YOUR INSPIRATION TO DO SUCH SELF-REWARDING SERVICES?

MAYBE I AM JUST OVERLY CONCERNED ABOUT NOT WANTING THIS SITE TO BE EXPLOITED.

OH, BY THE WAY, LANCE, IN YOUR MEMBERSHIP INFO, YOU DIDN'T INDICATE WHAT TYPE OF VALVE REPLACEMENT YOU HAVE HAD OR AT LEAST TO GIVE SOME OF US AN INDICATION OF HOW IT FEELS TO LIE NAKED ON A GURNEY WIDE AWAKE KNOWING THAT IN A FEW MINUTES YOUR CHEST WILL BE SAWED OPEN AND YOUR HEART STOPPED, ETC.

DO YOU THINK YOUR POST PISSED ME OFF????

Hi Bob G,

I just want to let you know that Lance from QAS personally helped me purchase my ProTime home testing unit. Also, he was extremely helpful in providing me with all the information I needed, helped with my doctor and with my insurance company.

After receiving the unit, there are forms that you are supposed to fill out and return to QAS. Once they receive the forms they have a nurse call you and explain the use and care of the unit, and also walk you through a test.

They called me promply. In fact, I was not home on several occations and they kept calling and left messages for me to schedule a time for them to assist me with my new unit.

I have since called them on several occations. I spoke with a technican about some questions I had regarding traveling with the unit, and the airport security devices, which by the way are not a problem at all. I also called on another occation with further medical questions and I spoke with a nurse that was extremely helpful.

Lance, thanks for your assistance. QAS sure places the customer first in my book. Your company should have a link to their site on our site "Links".

Rob

Last edited:
Give It a Rest

Give It a Rest

Bob G,

If you have been reading the boards, you would have seen from time to time comments from Rain, myself and others talking about how helpful Lance and QAS have been assisting us in procuring our units. Also, they have tried to keep people on the board posted regarding the rulings as to if medicare will begin covering home testing units.

Get off your high horse Bob. Lance was only trying to help out. Protime is the only unit available right now for home use purchase.

Even though, his helpful comment could also be taken as a sales pitch, the company he works for, is a World Class Operation!

Rob

Last edited:
One thing I am not.........(Rob)

One thing I am not.........(Rob)

One thing I am not is someone who rides a high horse. I just think this forum is not the place for someone to make/post sales pitches not matter how helpful they are or have been in the past.

Don't you think I am entitled to my opinion, as you are as well?

Reread my post, Rob. It has nothing to do with the quality of service from QAS. It has to do with exploitation of and through this forum.

I better go............my high horse is waiting.

Hi Bob,

Yes, we all have and opinions and certainly can are are voiced openly on the board. Guess mine differs from your opinion regarding this issue.

I found yours to be targeted, personally at the person, (good aim - using all caps too), not the postion of statement! In fact, the topic should be one that could have been brought up as general discussion, not as a personal attack.

Rob

AVOCET

AVOCET

:confused: Hi everyone, this morning I posted that Avocet is no longer supporting patients. I also indicated that any help from you to me would be greatly appreciated. Never have I tried to mislead anyone as to my position with a diagnostic company. If I have offended anyone that uses this site as a forum, I sincerely apologize. My intentions are not to cause harm or conflict. Only to help and continue to do my job. If any other visitors to this site feel like I have slighted them in any way, please let me know. Again, we are here to do business in a business like manner. We routinely work our tails off to get coverage for patients who truly need access to home monitoring. Please do not be too harsh on the gentleman who has issues with my posting. He is expressing his right to free speech and I completely agree with this freedom that we all have in this great country. I would like to apologize to all of you for any inconvenience or aggravation that my awareness posting may have caused. And to answer a previously posed question, No I do not know how it feels to lie naked on a gurney waiting for a surgery. But, I do speak to many people who have endured great hardships and am dedicated to helping others. If we could provide these monitors for free we probably would. But then we wouldn't be around to help people for long. I hope you all enjoy the Fourth as it celebrates the Independence of this wonderful country. We are all brothers and sisters and need to stick together. Peace--Lance

targeted?

targeted?

Rob, to what are you indicating or assuming about me when you used your "high horse" comment? You don't know enough about me to say such a thing. (But I forgive you.......heart buddy)

I am not questioning whether or not Lance is sincere in what his overall intent is. I just don't feel this forum should be used in such a manner. And that is what I expressed.

And speaking of high horses................your posts were pure pulpit material..........your praise of QAS, Lance, etc. most surely well delivered.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your kind comments of my delivery, Afterall, I was only trying to help you out. As you said in your original post, "No one has ever called me after I purchased my Protime Unit to help me set it up or to provide any kind of support". Just wanted to let you know that this company does help you out.

Rob

cool it guys!

cool it guys!

Rob and Bob, You are my two favorite guys in this chat-but kiss and make up. You are both right, I don't think commercial types should use Hanks website for soliciting. However Protime is now the last game in town for home monitors. It so happens I am a Coaguchek guy myself and it broke my heart when they pulled out of the indidvidual patient business. But they apparently spent too much on support sending trainers to your home, 24/7 hotline, fedex 24 hour service on supplies, etc. I thought they should have stayed in a little longer but without medicare and medicaid and other insurance coverage they didn't see a future. Roche had high priced lawyers take my case to HCFA. They spent millions on legal fees before they decided to pack it in.I understand Protime supports over the phone from Winter Park FL. If this works fine. One of my gripes about the Protime is it takes a lot of blood. A finger stick wont do it- it takes a slice. Not for me but it must work for Rob and many others. Lance wouldn't be human if he didn't look upon this as an opportunity. As he says this is America. Hank maybe you can make some money and sell Lance and others ad space. I wouldnt mind. Anybody else got some thoughts on this?

Nicely put Marty.

My take on the whole issue is that home testing is a major advantage to the patient. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the fact that I have my Coaguchek at my fingertips.

There are a lot of others here that are interested in home testing and with QAS being it.......I am sure would appreciate all of the information they can collect.

It does not offend me in the least. This should be Hank's call.

Though... when that lawyer came on the old forum and was trying to drum up business off of the St. Jude Silzone recipients...that did tick me off. There is a time and a place for everything and QAS will continue to sell their product with or without our help.

Nuf said.

Bob.. be mellow

Bob.. be mellow

Bob,

I agree we don?t want salesmen pitching their products here. That?s not what we?re all about. I?ve got to know Lance and have seen his posts on the forum a few times before. He was only being helpful.

Please call the number and talk to him. I?m positive he will answer any and all questions you may have.

Within a week or so of receiving my machine their nurse called and made an appointment with me. She answered all my questions. I have no idea what happened in your situation, but give them a chance to explain.

I?ve had a couple problems... Lance helped me at every turn. I got my machine in October, 2000 my insurance billing address changed Jan 1, 2001. I ?assumed? the insurance co had notified them of the switch.. they informed my doctors. Anyway, it was 6 mos later when I tried to reorder cuvettes that I realized I had a problem. Lance helped me through it, he ironed out the problems. I didn?t go without cuvettes and I didn?t have to put up $250.00 while we straightened it out. They are VERY customer friendly people, Bob.

YOUR recommendation for this machine and how ?customer friendly? they were played a big part in my choosing it over Coagu-chek. Please, give Lance a call. I'm not talking about 'high horses' I'm talking about 'people helping people' Talk to them
'one on one' ... They are great people Bob.

And try not to get so pissed off! It?s not good for you!!

Rain

Marty, Rain, Rob, Lance, Gina

Marty, Rain, Rob, Lance, Gina

If anyone can recall, way back when, I was one of the first to advise that Coagucheck was discontinuing their sales of their machine and I offered info on the ProTime unit. I also praised the service I received when going through the process of understanding their unit, ordering and having QAS help in getting my medical provider to absorb the cost. (Unfortunately, I have a provider that would not budge despite my repeated efforts and those of QAS.) I purchased the unit, anyway.

No need for Rob and Bob to kiss and make up, Marty, but thanks for your post and comments. Rob is my heart buddy as you all are and I think his measure of dedication to this site is well worth my respect and admiration. Its almost like we (meaning ALL of us) are living under the same roof, albeit with different opinions but the same objectives, including caring for one another in so many ways.

Gina, I guess you remember how protective WE were when the "lawyer" came on our site regarding the silzone valve. And Rain, yes, I remember recommending the Protime unit to you and sending you the info on the PT unit and to contact them. (and my own comments about their service........)

We are a growing organization and our forums give us the opportunity to help one another, to offer opinions and to grow. Like any business or family or group, their are growing pains that occur.

I would be in favor of a special link for companies like QAS. But that is Hank's call, as it should be.

Hey all -
What I know is that my Doctors's office called yesterday regarding the machine (I have been trying to get) and my cardiologist is not Supportive of home testing. I am not giving up and plan to print some posts and mail them along with a letter.
Maybe he can be persuaded.
Also - Lance has been of great assistance to me.
Love all you guys. xoxoxox

Tammy
Live each moment while you can, you may never get the chance again. Each moment is the last of not the future but the past.

cool it guys!

cool it guys!

Not to prolong this any longer..... but MATXR let me clear a few things up for you. Have you used the Protime machine? I?ve used both the coaguchek in my doctors office and the protime at home. There is no difference in pain or healing time with the ?stick? or the ?slice? to draw blood. If one was more painless than the other, that?s the one I would have!!
There is no sense in sending someone to the customer?s home when a simple phone call will suffice. The machine is VERY easy to use.
You might also be interested to know that the supplies from QAS are delivered within three days. That works for me. I order before I use the last one... three days is fine.

Were you trying to put out this little fire or are you slapping QAS a little bit yourself? LOL

Lets kiss and make up... kiss, kiss. lol Hope you like your machine as much as I like mine!

Rain

OK! OK!

OK! OK!

Rain, I still think we should charge Lance for ad space if he's interested. However with a friend like you he doesn't need to advertise!

Ok! Ok!

Ok! Ok!

Guess what, Marty? I think QAS (Lance) should be charged for add space too... if that?s what they want to do.

You are right.. companies with satisfied customers don?t need a lot of ad space... word of mouth is very powerful.

I love my heart buddies, Marty. Happy 4th of July!
Rain

Lance and QAS

Lance and QAS

Hi Kids,

I see you have been playing again. Isn't it nice to have spirited folks here instead of a bunch of politically correct folks?

As for Lance and QAS, please feel free to post here anytime.

ValveReplacement.com is currently in negotiations with QAS to have them become an "official" sponsor of the site. I have already been in communication with them regarding the details.

Our relationship will ALWAYS have one goal in mind and that is to make life on coumadin a safer and more informed reality.

Bob, thank you for your concern of which I am greatful for.

Lance, welcome to the site.

Spirited discussions are welcomed here. :)

Poopy avocet!

Poopy avocet!

Lance,
I have an Avosure pt system , got it in April.
You mentioned helping me switch them?
Would you take it back? I found out my insurance
hasn't been billed yet by Gentiva Health services,
who supplied it to me, and I told my insurance
not to pay the bill and I'm wanting to return the
unit but Gentiva needs preauthorization from
Avocet in order for me to return it past the 30
day money back return policy. When someone called
me from Avocet, it sure sounded like they probably
won't ok it for me to return it.
Also, how stable is the company that makes the pro
time unit? Should I wait for Roche to make a home
use model available again, or get one from Europe
somehow?
This whole ordeal has stressed me out. Since I have been testing weekly I see how my inr fluctuates and do not want to go back to monthly
testing at the clinic,
What to do? I read the posts about your post, but
I for one am happy to see your post,
Thanks , Gail

Latest posts

Back