avocet hit's the dust

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

strayze

Avocet, a biotech startup company, announced today that it's going out of business. That means that the Avosure prothrombin time monitors are no longer available for purchase, and now and midstream orders are cancelled.

STRAYZE

Wow, hope nobody here purchased one.

There will obviously be not support or supplies. Guess we will not be doing a side by side comparison in Nashville.

Hi Steve,

If I am not mistaken, I think Christina purchased one of those units. I know someone from the group did. I hope she sees this.

Maybe she could return it proir to the company closing for a refund and obtain another unit.

Rob

Sorry for my spelling/grammar errors in title and message. Just a little excited I guess.

No, I did not purchase the Avocet unit, but a QAS protime machine. I am extremely happy with this machine and it gives me the peace of mind that a person on Coumadin needs. I just saw a post from Diana that she went without a INR test for 12 weeks. I could never do that. Too risky in my case!
INR stands for: "It's Never Right, and anything and everything interferes with Coumadin.
I know someone here has the Avocet machine, but it ain't me..

Christina

I checked the Avocet site, no longer in existence today. Then I called the Co. to see if still in business- it wasn't as of today. Then I retreived my Avosure order for which the credit card info had been taken a week ago, but delivery was not in process. And I just placed an order for Protime. It's fortunate the (slow) order was midstream rather than complete- - - . Maybe it's fickle fate. Please wish me luck to finally get an INR machine.

Strayze:

You will be real happy with the Protime machine, and if you have problems just call Lance or talk to one of the nurses (Sue Barrett is real nice) and they'll help you until you get the hang of it. I had some problems with the "Tenderlet" to lance my finger and then to get enough blood out in the allotted time. Took some practice.

Christina:cool:

double yikes!!!!
I have an avosure pt system and I like it too.
boo Hoo, am going to call imediately and find
out the skinny on this bad news!
(I've had it since April, so what's the next best
one , the protime?)
What a royal drag, I wonder if my insurance will
pay for another type???
Gail

Back