Aspirin and Warfarin regimen...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people do. I'd try dropping the aspirin first, see how that goes over a week. There is no clear evidence that aspirin is essential for all of us. I didn't take it for some years.

Do you take your medications with food? I have mine with yoghurt in the mornings, dinner in the evenings.

Hi Valvers! I'm wondering if anyone else with a Mechanical aortic valve has had stomach issues while on both daily 81mg. Aspirin and daily warfarin post AVR .This drug combo is the cause of my gastritis, for which I am now taking Omeprazole. I'm frustrated...still having occassional bouts of stomach pain even with the addition of daily Omeprazole...I'm tempted to quit taking the Aspirin so my stomach can be healthy. But not sure what to do since I was told by surgeon post AVR several years ago, and also my Cardiologist that I should take both drugs with the Mechanical aorticheart valve that I have.... Anyone had experience with this gastritis issue? Recommendations? Thank you .
I take a baby chewable aspirin, 81 milligrams. You may need to talk to your doctor about the problem and see if they have better solutions today. Medical science is fast these days and they do come up with some better meds for gastritis.

Hi Valvers! I'm wondering if anyone else with a Mechanical aortic valve has had stomach issues while on both daily 81mg. Aspirin and daily warfarin post AVR .This drug combo is the cause of my gastritis, for which I am now taking Omeprazole. I'm frustrated...still having occassional bouts of stomach pain even with the addition of daily Omeprazole...I'm tempted to quit taking the Aspirin so my stomach can be healthy. But not sure what to do since I was told by surgeon post AVR several years ago, and also my Cardiologist that I should take both drugs with the Mechanical aorticheart valve that I have.... Anyone had experience with this gastritis issue? Recommendations? Thank you .

YES!

Coumadin destroyed my gut! Chronic gastritis. Switches to Eloquis and then Xerolta! I finally devised a plan to treat me as if I were Newly pregnant- I’ve been doing injectable enoxaparin twice a day.
I developed blood clots on my new valve, last year. Has two strokes! No residual damage.
Anemia. Bile Acid Diarrhea. It’s been a long haul.
My cardiologist thought I was crazy. I did a literature search and found many people cannot take Coumadin. I’m a master prepared nurse. They tend to listen to me with my back ground In. Critical care.

I just found this site. Do you belong to AROTIC Facebook page. It’s fantastic. Stacy

Latest posts

Back