As I suspected: Emotional stress including depression, insomnia, stress and loneliness induce heart disease

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Harvard:

Conquering loneliness

Loneliness affects more than a third of older Americans. Another third of older adults feel isolated: they may be living alone, lack transportation, or live far from loved ones. Or they may have outlived a spouse or friends.

Loneliness and isolation can have serious health consequences. Research has shown that people who feel lonely or isolated are at increased risk for developing coronary artery disease, stroke, depression, high blood pressure, declining thinking skills, an inability to perform daily living tasks, or an early death.

1. Feeling Lonely? Becoming a Plant Parent Could Help

2. There’s a post around here somewhere about positive rumination. You’re already living a lot of people’s positive rumination dream, living in Thailand!

Or, 3.
81286788-1EC5-477D-8E8D-AC22D96DB629.jpeg

From Harvard:

Conquering loneliness

Loneliness affects more than a third of older Americans. Another third of older adults feel isolated: they may be living alone, lack transportation, or live far from loved ones. Or they may have outlived a spouse or friends.

Loneliness and isolation can have serious health consequences. Research has shown that people who feel lonely or isolated are at increased risk for developing coronary artery disease, stroke, depression, high blood pressure, declining thinking skills, an inability to perform daily living tasks, or an early death.
How about getting a pet, fish, cat, dog, lizard? Animals are great depression easers. They ease the stress of being alone and depressed. I have one, a dog and she is the gbreatest.

How about getting a pet, fish, cat, dog, lizard? Animals are great depression easers. They ease the stress of being alone and depressed. I have one, a dog and she is the gbreatest.
I am unstable in Asia not sure if I will go back to the states...My current home is only 300 square feet..I need to stabilize, decide where I want to live and get a bigger place..I also do not own property anywhere in the world..At age 58 my life is very up in the air

1. Feeling Lonely? Becoming a Plant Parent Could Help

2. There’s a post around here somewhere about positive rumination. You’re already living a lot of people’s positive rumination dream, living in Thailand!

Or, 3.
View attachment 887819
I don't have kids never married.. I left America because I was lonely there as well. My family in the USA is al dead..I have/had nothing in the states which I was I left the USA...I was busy here but the Covid 19 has killed most things socially here 0-- some short term some for good

We are undergoing a 3rd Covid wave here in Thailand, very bad and almost no one vaccinated...Thailand is becoming a ghost town,,But at age 58 with no job career insurance housing car family etc etc starting over in the USA is overwhelming

I was told once years ago that if I wait until I feel ready to do something, then I’ll never do anything. There are always reasons not to change our situation and we often suffer from analysis paralysis. Sometimes when our current situation isn’t working, anything different is better.

I moved out of the city I grew up in and took a low paying job with no guaranteed hours or location (a float position, called when needed) in another city in my early 20’s. The rest is history. I don’t know what life would have been like had I stayed where I was, but I do know it’s been pretty fantastic where I am.

^ that said, if you do get a dog, watch a bunch of old Dog Whisperer (Cesar Millan) episodes first. : )

Thanks I am working hard to make and keep connections as well as get stable enough to get a pet)
And how will you be able to care to a dog, food, shelter, vet care? Better wait till you are better first and have the financial means to care for a dog there. I know you are lonely and need companionship and have no job, no insurance. Just wondering how you do it? With no job and no income.

And how will you be able to care to a dog, food, shelter, vet care? Better wait till you are better first and have the financial means to care for a dog there. I know you are lonely and need companionship and have no job, no insurance. Just wondering how you do it? With no job and no income.
I will get a cat when I get settled..I inherited money...I have insurance but does not cover pre existing..I will never get better--don't know what that means. We are all dying

I was told once years ago that if I wait until I feel ready to do something, then I’ll never do anything. There are always reasons not to change our situation and we often suffer from analysis paralysis. Sometimes when our current situation isn’t working, anything different is better.

I moved out of the city I grew up in and took a low paying job with no guaranteed hours or location (a float position, called when needed) in another city in my early 20’s. The rest is history. I don’t know what life would have been like had I stayed where I was, but I do know it’s been pretty fantastic where I am.
I moved to ASia at age 54 LA at age 43 to be an actor and started traveling overaseas at age 48 solo..Back to school at age 38, 51 and 57.....Been to over 20 countries solo.. I take action but it does not mean any results or satistaction

I have 850K in bank and grows well.. I have low cost of living 300 a month in Asia no car..I have no cat, dog, car, family, girlfriend, mortgage, do not own a home, zero debt, 805 credit score...Live cheap and free in Thailand..I didn't live the vanilla 9-5 dog 2.5 kids wife mortgage house etc etc ..I value my freedom

I read about this once in a book from the Seventies, I think. No proof...an assumption I assume. Physically, how would lonely depressed feelings alter valves and high blood pressure? My cardiologist said that this isn't true. Anger is linked to heart disease he says.
I do not trust empirical studies to be reliable and valid! , Research this yourself on internet and read the original studies, very closely. Psychology experiments are notoriously faulty. Besides, you want to avoid a self fulfilling prophecy.
If loneliness and depression caused heart disease, at all, I would have been dead 40 years ago. I am not joking.

Latest posts

Back