As Above So Below

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oo0My_Valve0oo

I am currently on leave. The last week I worked the key FOB to my car went dead. I carry a spare. It was also dead. The FOB has a hidden key. I unlocked a door but I set the alarm off and the FOB barely had power left to silence the alarm.

Friday night that week a cardiologist called to tell me to go to the hospital. I had been wearing a Holter EKG, mailed it in 14 days later and the cardiologist was seeing the results. This was just the cardiologist on duty at that time. My personal cardiologist called me Saturday night.

I checked into the hospital Monday morning. After ruling out any other possibilities I was lined up for a pacemaker. They put it in on Tues. and I was released from the hospital on Weds. I had driven my car there. I arranged a ride home and left my car at the hospital.

The closest healthcare affiliated hospital is 25 miles away and is a 45 minute drive on a highway winding through mountains. A few days after being released I took a 2 hour bus route back to pick up my car. When I got there my car battery was dead. I carry a portable jump starter. That was also dead. When I pulled out my cell to call a tow truck for a jump the cell battery was almost dead. I had been reading a book with the Kindle app on the cell during the trip back to the hospital. I succeeded at summoning a tow then it went totally dead.

I made it home. Took 75 minutes given the time of day. The battery recharged in the process. I immediately recharged the jump starter leaving it to charge all night. Next day it started and I ran some errands.

I am off work recovering from the pacemaker implant. Went to watch a movie on Netflix. The TV remote batteries were dead.

Car was parked a few days. Had a doc appt. The battery was dead again. Hooked up the jump starter. It was also dead again. I missed the appt.

Next day I brought the car to the dealership. They had it a couple days doing tests and software updates. This car has too much gadgetry for its own good. Needs a battery suitable for a bus. During a test at the last minute they found the smoking gun. The DCM was malfunctioning.

Here's the thing: If you think of a car as a human body the DCM is equivalent to the cardio-electrical activity which a pacemaker assists.

When the service agent said DCM I was curious and later looked it up. My cardiologist had used metaphors when describing what was happening with my heart and why a pacemaker was needed. I read a description of what a DCM does and it reminded me of how my cardiologist had described my heart condition.

These devices were either completely drained or down to last bits of power. In the weeks leading to this sequence of events I was dragging. I felt like blood wasn't getting where it needed to be. I perceived and sensed inadequate blood flow. I would need to pause and rest to cross a street and back. I woke up tired in the morning. But I could push myself to get through my days at work. The metaphors suggest I might have been close to death but half of these devices have rechargeable batteries. Since receiving the pacemaker I have felt revitalized.

If this is the outside reflecting the inside I wondered why things continued to fail after I had received the pacemaker. It occurred to me that I wasn't seeing a reflection. I was seeing things coinciding in a sort of parallel system between similarly related things. A reflection is immediate. Scientists have been able to observe galaxies of space, as well as the world of atomic particles, and found surprising similarities between the two. Both consist of particles kept in orbit by the gravity of an energetic core. A celestial system and anatomical particles share many traits but they are not synchronized in time. The coinciding events I have been seeing through all the electrical devices have spanned days before and after my body experiences. Countless similarities in what is going on with us take place everywhere and remain unnoticed. This has been the most explicit of coincidences in my life. **

As above so below: An aphorism that what occurs within a microcosm is a reflection of or interconnected with that of its macrocosm, and vice versa. The correspondent relationship between the individual and the universe.

** edited for clarification

Note: I have included several quotes. I could not credit the sources because it would be too difficult typing, copying, pasting on my cell.

Last edited:
Back