Article About Valve Replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have seen other articles, but none from the Trib. They may be a few months behind. I forgot where the other citations are, but they were in a discussion thread a few months ago.

We have seen other articles, but none from the Trib. They may be a few months behind. I forgot where the other citations are, but they were in a discussion thread a few months ago.

Its probably because the FDA had meetings/hearing about it (sapien in highest risk) today http://www.theheart.org/article/125...edium=email&utm_source=20110720_breakingNews2

Sapien TAVI device gets resounding thumbs-up from FDA advisors
July 20, 2011 | Shelley Wood
Gaithersburg, MD - The Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Circulatory System Devices Committee has voted overwhelmingly to recommend approval of the Sapien transcatheter heart valve (Edwards Lifesciences) at the end of a long day of evidence and testimony.

Tasked with voting on three questions, the panel voted 7:3 that the device demonstrated reasonable assurances of safety, 9:1 that the device demonstrated reasonable assurances of efficacy, and 9:0 (with one abstention) that its benefits outweighed the risks.

While the FDA does not have to follow the advice of its advisory committee, the agency's own briefing documents—published online earlier this week—suggest that, with the resounding support of its expert advisors on Wednesday, the transcatheter aortic valve will become the first of its kind on the US market.

more at link

Yeah, I figured it probably was seen by others in the Forum and shared, but just to be safe I thought I'd post.

Back