Arnold Schwarzenegger - emergency heart surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Had to redo this whole message as when I edited it I got a message that it was possible spam - doh !

Got this from the Daily Telegraph:

Arnold Schwarzenegger has reportedly undergone emergency heart surgery after complications from a related experimental procedure.

Entertainment website TMZ says the 70-year-old had the surgery on Thursday, after he developed complications from a catheter valve replacement. The surgery reportedly took several hours.

The Terminator actor had an aortic valve replaced in 1997 for a congenital condition.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...egger-undergoes-emergency-open-heart-surgery/

Since I copied that the article has been updated and it seems he is stable so that’s good :)

I hear he blew his first replacement after exerting himself too hard, post op. It looks like operation number three was a TAVI, that subsequently went wrong. Hence, operation number four.

Pulmonic valve makes it sound like he had a Ross procedure years ago.

Just guessing, but it fits.

Arnold originally had a Ross Procedure in ‘’97. Like the previous poster said, the first time he had to be reoperated on after exerting himself too hard. From a good source, I heard it was the day of or after his first surgery, he was using an exercise bike or something. Too much, too soon that time.

The most recent surgery appears to have been to replace the donor valve used to replace the pulmonary valve during his ‘’97 Ross Procedure. I am curious as to why the donor pulmonary valve needed replaced? Likely stenosis I would imagine.

Back