Appointment with Dr. Ryan, Part Deux - It's Official!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgilityDog

Put me on the calendar. AVR scheduled for August 5.

Dr. Ryan was real personable, and took lots of time with me. First thing he said, which really endeared him to me, was "Well, you've been through the wringer, haven't you?" Yup, he's read the file.

He says there is a possibility (not probable, but possible) that when they replaced my mitral valve a stitch might have gotten into my aortic valve. If so, and the damage isn't too bad, he'll fix the stitch, patch the valve with a piece of pericardium and not do a replacement. If it gets replaced it, it will be an on-x - my choice. He was like "Do you want a St. Jude?" I'm "Nope, and On-x, here's why." He likes it.

My last echo also shows an increased leak in my tricuspid, but we all know echos are not always accurate. He'll be doing a TEE during surgery and will inspect the tricuspid. If it looks leaky he'll put a ring around it. I'm trying to avoid having anyone go back in a THIRD TIME.

He thinks we'll be able to do a smaller incision, partial sternotomy using the same scar/incision line as before for future asthetic purposes. He doesn't think he'll have a problem with scar tissue. And he'll be very conscious of my arrhythmia issues.

Laurie, Glad you got your date for the surgery. Will add you to my Prayer list that everything goes fine,cause I am sure it will. Take good care of yourself these coming weeks. All my best, Daren

I want to wish you the best with your upcoming Aug 4 surgery. Mine is Aug 9 for AVR. We will be recovering about the same time. Guess we will also be waiting about the same time. Good Luck. I will watch for your future posts.

Pat

yeow Laurie, you have been through the ringer and are not done yet

all the best with the August procedure and sounds like a bigger tuneup this time, so that 2nd surgery does it all, once and for all

will watch for your posts, chin up

Laurie, sorry you have to go through this again. Hang in there. We'll be here routing for you.

Kim

From what I read, you will be in Good Hands. Dr. Ryan has been praised by several of our members.

Now he has the Endorsement of Catwoman AND AgilityDog :)))

'AL Capshaw'

From what I read, you will be in Good Hands. Dr. Ryan has been praised by several of our members.

Now he has the Endorsement of Catwoman AND AgilityDog :)))

'AL Capshaw'
Were you suggesting that "It's Ryan, Cats and Dogs?" Ouch!

Best wishes, Laurie :)

Wishing you the best of luck Laurie, we'll all be with you cheering you on. :)

Latest posts

Back