Apple watch users out there?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afraidofsurgery

Any Apple watch fans out there? I am considering getting an Apple Watch 5 since I like to go for walks (3-4 mi) and bike rides, and also like Yoga. I am interested in the heart rate and EKG features of the Apple watch, also the emergency call ability with the Apple watch + cellular. Especially when I'm on my bike, I have my phone with me but if something were to happen I'd have the emergency call feature right on my wrist. I should mention I have a 5.2 cm Aortic aneurism - recently discovered and stable over the past year, but perhaps the risk of aortic dissection gnaws at my subconscious...

I think it’s great and was considering it. The only reason I did not was I was a little concerned about radiation exposure. Not sure if I’m crazy. Particularly with an aneurysm, it sounds like a good idea for you.

Joey loves his Apple watch. He got it last year before his OHS and it helped keep track of his heart rate and EKG.
Initially, it frequently alerted him that he had fallen because it reacts to certain movements. Eventually it became aware that these are movements he normally does and adapted. He really loves it.

My wife gave me an Apple watch as a gift following my mitral valve replacement. I enjoy the watch and the integration with my iPhone -- very elegant and very handy.

With regard to my health, I use it to monitor my pulse during workouts and trend my resting and active pulse rates over time. I also use it for sleep tracking (3rd party app, but Apple is introducing a native sleep tracker with the next WatchOS update). I've used the EKG feature a few times. More when I first got it, but rarely these days. I used it to capture AFIB a few months after surgery. I didn't need the watch to tell me I was in AFIB, I could definitely feel it. Perhaps I'd find the EKG feature of more use if I had an ongoing need to capture AFIB events, but I haven't had AFIB in nearly 18 months.

I do like my Apple watch and do prefer it over other brands. That said, the Apple watch isn't providing me anything related to my health that I couldn't get with a similar tracker from any number of vendors.

Latest posts

Back