App

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themalteser

Hi,
Is there an app I can use to access the forum from my iPhone?

Thanks.

Not at this time, but this software is made to be extremely friendly on mobile browsers.

You can use Safari that comes on iPhone / iPad or I like Chrome so downloaded and use that. Then just type in the forum url and you are here. Fully functioning. For me it looks good in vertical, but horizontal is really good way to view it also.

I actually really like the new website on my phone.
@themalteser , speaking as a software developer if you want your security, use the browser (apps are for herding the sheep into corrals which suck out their GPS position, their Contact List, their phone call history, probably even want you to log in with your facebook credentials so that they can mine that entire history too.

I am VERY cautious on what trojan horse I let onto my phone ... ALWAYS read the fine print before you install a virus oops app on your phone
https://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2012/05/fine-print.html

What's wrong with letting your app know your social security number, medicare number, bank account number, passwords and other stuff? It makes it a lot easier to order my stuff on Amazon. Hell, it's often so smart, it orders stuff for me, and even delivers it to friends I didn't know I had.

These apps are SO smart.

What's wrong with letting your app know your social security number, medicare number, bank account number, passwords and other stuff? It makes it a lot easier to order my stuff on Amazon. Hell, it's often so smart, it orders stuff for me, and even delivers it to friends I didn't know I had.

These apps are SO smart.

You are just being sarcastic, aren't you?

I believe its ironic, which is a bit different.
Yes. It was a few scoopsful of irony. (OTOH - I would imagine that some people would almost agree with what I said - I have one friend at the other end of the spectrum who trusts NOTHING - he even gave his computer a different name, and goes to stores to pay bills because he doesn't trust ANY electonic transactions.

Thank you all. Happy to use Safari. It seems much safer from what you're all saying :)

Actually, although my actual intent doesn't matter, my goal was to draw this thing out to ridiculous limits - and maybe have some fun doing so (in addition to, perhaps, entertaining others who read this). I wasn't thinking 'sarcasm' or 'irony' -- I just wanted to bring this out to an irrational extreme (although, as said before, I wouldn't be surprise if others almost feel that way (with the exception of sending stuff to friends I didn't even know I had -- THIS may awaken them).

Latest posts

Back