Aortic valve replacement and Covid

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil.nott

shirley2109
I was diagnosed with Covid over the weekend. Is there anything I need to be cognisant about or things I can do to minimise it’s impact. It’s fair today I’m feeling very average.

I think it just really depends on how it treats you. I had it and aside from a little tickle in my lungs, resting heart rate increased, slight fever (never broke 100), it didn’t impact me much. Now that tickle counted for something because I lost a lot of fitness. But I never had to miss work (I’m full time remote). I had the regular flu bug earlier and that was far more debilitating.

My wife had it much worse overall. She had to miss work as well. Not just for the positive test, but also she didn’t feel up to going in.

We were concurrent so we isolated from our kids and none of them got it. Neither of us spiked really high fevers.

So really, aside from take it easy, push fluids, and keep to yourself, I don’t think one needs to do anything special for a mild case.

Of course talk to your doctor if it’s bad.

I was diagnosed with Covid over the weekend. Is there anything I need to be cognisant about or things I can do to minimise it’s impact. It’s fair today I’m feeling very average.
Just keep up with your cardio, testing and all. I think you should be fine. When the people were getting covid before vaccines for it, many was unprotected and did acquire heart and lung problems. I assume you got the vaccines and the booster, good for you, for it will minimize any problems, since you have heart issues anyway. Should not make them worse if you are vaccinated. Just keep up with your checkups. If you are seriously worried, you will have to wait till you are over it and tested before going to a cardio to check up.

I have had covid this past week and I'm just starting to feel better. I had a nasty case of it and can see how more severe cases are life-threatening. One thing I can always tell is how my blood pressure is doing based on the sound of my aortic valve operating. It's something that just comes natural now. My heart rate and blood pressure seem to not be affected that much.

I am in the severe range for aortic stenosis and regurgitation (will get a new valve in 4 days....but that's a different post). Had COVID back in April and my heart really ached. Was very painful to cough or laugh or move in certain ways. It hurt bad enough that I went to the ER. They checked me out and everything was fine. I think COVID caused muscle aches....and in my case, my hardest working muscle was my heart. They gave me some heavy duty Aleve and I felt better. Fully recovered from COVID without any further issues.

Had covid on week 4 after my tissue valve replacement. I didn't have a covid shot so called my cardio to see if I need to get the oral treatment pill and he said I was health not to worry about it. Took about a week to run its course, fever first day and then the body aches after day three I was tired for a couple days.

Had covid on week 4 after my tissue valve replacement. I didn't have a covid shot so called my cardio to see if I need to get the oral treatment pill and he said I was health not to worry about it. Took about a week to run its course, fever first day and then the body aches after day three I was tired for a couple days.
Have you gotten vaxed since then, I pray that you have.

Latest posts

Back