Aortic Valve Replacement #2

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chet_

I had my aortic valve repaired ~2.5 years ago at age 33. It was a unique procedure that recreated leaflets with pericardium.
My echo in January showed moderate regurgitation and an enlarged left ventricle, ie, time to start thinking about a new valve.

I was disappointed with that news, but it was a risk I was willing to take at the time.

7 days ago I had an On-X put in to take care of it.
Everything went well, I'm feeling good, and I'm hopeful that the mech valve lasts as long as I do.

I don't post much on this forum - but I wanted to share my anecdote for people considering different types of valves and procedures.
We're not entirely sure why the repair failed but I'm happy to put the whole thing in the rear-view mirror.

I appreciate all of the anticoagulation therapy info that's been shared on here - it's reassuring to hear from people leading "normal" lives while on act.

Thanks for listening!

And a thank you, too, Chet for the update.
As someone still creeping closer to a first heart surgery, all input, advice and updates are gratefully received.
Glad all went well and things are ticking along fine. The very best to you for the days (and years!) ahead.

Sounds like you had the Ozaki procedure. I was offered that procedure and turned it down as I told my surgeon I am risk adverse to needing another surgery at some point and all these tissue style replacement carry similar risk. The think that stuck out with me was my surgeon stated TAVR through groin is easier to do once you have a replacement tissue va me be use it is easier for them to mount the replacement valve In the structure of the old tissue valve being replaced.

Latest posts

Back