Aortic valve replaced now need tricuspid replaced

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greeny47

Hi. I had my OHS almost 10 years ago. I had my aortic valve replaced with a tissue valve and an aneurysm repaired. After my first surgery my tricuspid valve started to fail and now now I need that replaced. Has anyone else had that happen? Also has anyone who had their tricuspid replaced let me know how they did after surgery? I am having major anxiety. Thanks

Hi. I had my OHS almost 10 years ago. I had my aortic valve replaced with a tissue valve and an aneurysm repaired. After my first surgery my tricuspid valve started to fail and now now I need that replaced. Has anyone else had that happen? Also has anyone who had their tricuspid replaced let me know how they did after surgery? I am having major anxiety. Thanks
You should do fine, you've had OHS successfully before.

Not sure about your question. Which valve is failing? If it's your aortic tissue replacement valve, failure is expected if you had it replaced and were <60yo at the time.

You should do fine, you've had OHS successfully before.

Not sure about your question. Which valve is failing? If it's your aortic tissue replacement valve, failure is expected if you had it replaced and were <60yo at the time.
Saw the surgeon and he says he will repair the tricuspid valve and replace aortic valve as I have had it 10 years . He doesn’t want me to have to go through another surgery in 5 years. Just asking who has a tricuspid repair and has it lasted. Thanks

Latest posts

Back