Corona Virus

Aortic valve repair or replacement

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

mtb-charlie

This is my first time posting in this group.
I have been reading posts here and have helped me a lot in this journey.

I finally got a date for the big day. On Feb. 3 I will be in Mazankowski heart institute in Alberta Canada to repair or replace my valve. Plan "A" is to repair my biscuspid aortic valve. Plan "B" is to replace it with mechanical On-x valve. I have met with the surgeon (Dr. Michael Moon) and he was very re-assuring that there is a good chance that it can be repaired. He will try to salvage and repair the prolapsed valve. He won't be able to decide until I am cracked open.

Hoping for the best operation and speedy recovery!!!

dick0236

Eat the elephant one bite at a time
VR.org Supporter
I hope so too. I still want to play with my 2 and 6 year old sons.
My two sons were a little older......6 and 8 years when I got my mechanical valve. They are now 59 and 61 years....and I have grandkids AND great grandkids too. Welcome to this forum......there is a lot of good info and support here.

mtb-charlie

My two sons were a little older......6 and 8 years when I got my mechanical valve. They are now 59 and 61 years....and I have grandkids AND great grandkids too. Welcome to this forum......there is a lot of good info and support here.
Wow! This lifts me up. I'm excited to experience what you have experienced, older kids, grandkids - great grandkids. I am looking forward for healthy years. You have inspired me to have a positive thinking.

Agian

Kentucky also gave us Colonel Sanders, of fried chicken fame. What most people don't know is that he was responsible for the Cold War. The Soviets threatened to nuke Cuba if he didn't hand over his secret recipe.

BTW, Our state beverage is called Grog.

Latest posts

Group Builder