Aortic valve Regurgitation, mm Hg numbers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's longer 4 weeks for full healing. I believe I was told not to lift anything heavier than 1-gallon of milk for 4 weeks and wait 16 weeks for heavy work.

The surgeon who did my 1st surgery said 10lb weight limit (gallon of milk weighs ~8.5lbs btw) and no driving for 4 weeks. The surgeon who did my 2nd surgery also said 10lb weight limit but no driving for 6 weeks. Age also plays a part in how fast a bone heals, so 4 weeks might be right for someone younger while it might be significantly longer for an older person. For reference I was 43 at the time of my first surgery and 50 at the time of my 2nd surgery. I agree with Tom that it takes longer than 4 weeks for FULL healing, as in back to pre-surgery strength.

I was very surprised at the 4 weeks estimate especially where the Dr says at 4 weeks it will be "as strong as it is going to get"
Thanks for responding guys!

Well ........Went to see another cardiologist he says I probably have a bicuspid aortic valve with stenosis.
No surgery yet but time is coming ,so I am back on a 6 month watch

Latest posts

Back